LNH: Digital JUMP! #10: "JASPER! Rime of the Ancient Mario Brother!"

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:59:09 PDT 2020

On 6/18/2020 11:32 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
> So, I just read a bunch of these issues in a row. I didn't always get the various references, and might not have always known precisely what was going on, but I really enjoyed as always the energy of the thing, the enthusiasm, and the playfulness of your prose - constants throughout your work.

Awwwww, thank you. ^#^

> But this tenth issue was something else entirely - the prose was sharper and cleaner while still being deeply silly, funny, and playful, the energy radder, the enthusiasm more effervescent. It's a marked contrast to the previous issue -- those eight years made a huge difference.

Oh gosh. >#> That's really good to hear. One thing I'd been thinking about a lot
as I was re-reading the first nine and writing this one is that it seemed like
I'd fallen off the level of sheer silliness in the first four - which, you know,
is okay, because I had to learn to write sustainably and what that meant for me.
:> But I wanted to get back to that with this one, and it sounds like I really
did. >#>

Drew "I remember thinking up the basic outline for this one at a bus stop ten
years ago" Nilium