LNH: Digital JUMP! #10: "JASPER! Rime of the Ancient Mario Brother!"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jun 18 22:27:35 PDT 2020

On 2020-06-14 16:41, Drew Nilium wrote:
> The spear was completely thru the Faded Iron Master's body,
> completely thru his shield, his eyes, mouth, open in shock, body
> frozen, then glowing, with a searing light-- exploding from within--
> gone!
>
> Casey's mouth gently dropped open. "...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--"

Okay, I am new to LNH comics.  I recall beginning to read them when Rob
Rogers had the LNH take on all the dead Presidents.  So I caught up with
your comics with the reprints.  I think I finally figured out who Casey
von Aluminumfoil's future counterpart is.
> ----
>
> Author's Notes:
>
> So, as you probably know, the last issue of this storyline came out
> in 2012. In other words, there's a bigger gap between #9 and #10 than
> between #4 and #5, when I disappeared from RACC for a while and then
> came back and started writing regularly.

You speak of eight years ago.  That's the gap between Powernaut 2012 (or
at least its concept) and today.  Powernaut 2012 turned out to be the
start of a trilogy through 2014, but it has very little to do with
stories relevant to today.  I have considered a Powernaut 2016 series to
examine the state of the Powernauts' multiverse, but I honestly have
better things to do right now.

But you also speak of eighteen years' gap.  In my world, that would be
Wyatt Ferguson 2002 ("Make It Never Was"), which has *very much* to do
with today.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/neverwas.htm ... I am
still deciding how to end *that* gap.  That would take precedence over
Powernaut Comics, if anything ever did.

> ...gawd I feel old. X3 But it's fascinating, re-reading my old work
> and seeing how far I've come. Truth be told, I'm proud of myself!

heh, *you* feel old?  But yes, I am with you.  Mostly I display all the
Powernaut comics on my computer screen, so as to impress myself with the
recent ones.

> Assuming I finish it in 2020, the next issue will be the Digital
> JUMP! Octo-Deca-Annual, and finally, *finally* the conclusion of this
> storyline! ...let's hope!!!

... Remember that time you inspired me to close out that storyline of
the Super-Savior vs. the Turkish Empire?  Feel free to end this story
any way you want.  But I look forward to find out how.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org