LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #37: Culinary Disasters Part Three

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri May 19 00:14:48 PDT 2017

On 5/18/2017 10:35 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I love when something becomes really pervasive because it gets
>>> referenced a lot in one person's stories.
>>
>> Yesssss. <3 I'm pretty sure I've pushed some things towards that by
>> accident. X3
>
> I feel like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's is getting to that point for
> me. (I have at least two stories coming up which have JJBA references.
> Plus that general approach to combat--figuring out how to use weird
> and very specific powers in strategic ways--is an influence on how I'm
> approaching LNH these days.)

That makes a lot of sense. :> TBH, Jojo sort of goes in with pro wrestling for
me in "things that have a lot of things that would appeal to me but just feel
too Masculine(tm)".

>> Awwwwwwh. >#> I'm not sure myself... there's so many out there and I'm never
>> done re-reading. XD
>
> For me I was thinking of series that had a particular influence on
> me--Dvandom Force was the first series I seriously dived into (though
> I only read all of it last year); Miss Translation was coming out when
> I got in and helped inspire me to start writing LNH myself; and WBP
> did similar this year, and helped me find new forms of emotional
> engagement.

awwwwwwwww!!! ^#^

Hm. On that end, for me... Limp-Asparagus Lad; Dvandom Force, obviously;
Unlikely Aliens; Birth of a Villain; Saviors of the Net; and... yeah, definitely
Ultimate Mercenary v1. >#>

>> TBH he doesn't feel like the kind of person who'd be brave enough to make an
>> offer to either. Maybe just interdimensional traders.
>
> It makes sense there's a whole underworld out there of
> interdimensional traders, scavengers, and raiders--the kind of people
> who would be on the sidelines of the Crossover Queen's war and aid or
> fight the Goliards.

Oooooh, yesyesyes. The Goliardians operate in that sphere on a regular basis.

>>> So if there's a sequel would it reference Marguerite Bennett's Angela?
>>
>> MAYBE. Not if I wrote it tho, because I've never read it. XD
>>
>> Drew "I have so many comics to read" Perron
>
> You should! It is Gay. So I hear. (I haven't read it yet either.)

I have heard that. :> Hmmm...

Drew "maybe" Perron