LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #37: Culinary Disasters Part Three

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:35:04 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Drew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I love when something becomes really pervasive because it gets
>> referenced a lot in one person's stories.
>

> Yesssss. <3 I'm pretty sure I've pushed some things towards that by
> accident. X3

I feel like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's is getting to that point for
me. (I have at least two stories coming up which have JJBA references.
Plus that general approach to combat--figuring out how to use weird
and very specific powers in strategic ways--is an influence on how I'm
approaching LNH these days.)

> Awwwwwwh. >#> I'm not sure myself... there's so many out there and I'm never
> done re-reading. XD

For me I was thinking of series that had a particular influence on
me--Dvandom Force was the first series I seriously dived into (though
I only read all of it last year); Miss Translation was coming out when
I got in and helped inspire me to start writing LNH myself; and WBP
did similar this year, and helped me find new forms of emotional
engagement.

> TBH he doesn't feel like the kind of person who'd be brave enough to make an
> offer to either. Maybe just interdimensional traders.

It makes sense there's a whole underworld out there of
interdimensional traders, scavengers, and raiders--the kind of people
who would be on the sidelines of the Crossover Queen's war and aid or
fight the Goliards.

>> So if there's a sequel would it reference Marguerite Bennett's Angela?
>

> MAYBE. Not if I wrote it tho, because I've never read it. XD
>
> Drew "I have so many comics to read" Perron

You should! It is Gay. So I hear. (I haven't read it yet either.)

--
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig