RACCies: Night of the RACCies #5: The Mission!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jul 15 19:41:02 PDT 2017

Our Heroes are January Frost, Mary Mystery, MaryBeth the Hit Girl, and
Love Princess Gorgoneion.  All others have been left behind by the pace
of this good old time RACCies cascade.  Our Heroes have been thrust
toward another universe, to seek an old threat.

But they get stuck, somewhere in a sea of fog.

 From out comes an old man with a hat, some long black hair, and a death
face.  He says, "Oh, right.  You must be here for him."  The death face
disappears.  He leads on...

Mary Mystery recognizes the death face.  She follows.  Everyone else
follows behind.

Beyond the fog...  An older man with a shock of wild orange hair, is
driving a golf cart.  "Hooray, I can do this for myself when I'm on my
meds!"

The former death face has taken on human form.  He speaks softly to Our
Heroes.  "You can call me Wyatt.  On behalf of my universe, I apologize
for a Trump incursion last year.  That was *that* one."  He points at
the man in the golf cart.  "He came back crazy.  Or maybe sane.  Either
way, he will be no further trouble to you."

Mary and Wyatt nod.  Mary turns the others away.

January Frost asks first.  "What the hell was that?"

Mary Mystery responds.  "Oh, just my great-uncle or something, who's the
Avatar of Death now, and he's keeping track of President Trump."

"... You mean, he's *your* President?"

"Oh, Trump?  Yeah.  Is it that unusual?"

"I guess not..."

Then a howling came from behind.  Love Princess Gorgoneion was standing
straight, but backed by a howling void.  Howling!  It needed saying more
than once.

<-- to be continued -->

NEXT:  The Hungry Past!

I know. - Archie Andrews