RACCies: 2016 (23rd Annual) RACCies Ceremony

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jul 15 19:49:34 PDT 2017

                        o  o  o  o  o  o  o
                 o  o  o     The  2016     o  o  o
           o  o  o  o  -->(*23RD* Annual)<--  o  o  o  o
                 o  o  o  RACCie  AWARDS!  o  o  o
                        o  o  o  o  o  o  o

A woman went on stage, twirling an umbrella.  "Eh, hello.  I'm
Rainshade.  We sent people to verify that the ballots weren't corrupted
by Russians or something.  They must have done that, or else we wouldn't
be here today.  So, let's just have the awards."

- copious applause -

** THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP:  Drew Perron!  RUNNERS-UP:  George Phillies
and Scott Eiler!
- Rainshade says, "About time this changed.  Maybe some rabbit breeder
found a life?"
- Author's Note:  Not likely.

** THE JOHNNY SOKKO "COME BACK, GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP:
Three-Way Tie, with a RUNNER-UP!
Winners:  Mitchell Crouch, Lalo Martins, Jaelle!  RUNNER-UP:  Rob Rogers!
- Rainshade says, "Maybe you could *all* come back and spare people the
trouble, okay?"

** THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU AWARD:  LNH Wiki!  RUNNER-UP:
Ripping Off King Arthur!
- Rainshade says, "That King Arthur thing is still around?"

** THE DOCTOR STOMPER BRONZE BOOT:  Daily LNH Wiki Spotlight!
- Rainshade says, "If the sun came up as daily as that spotlight *or*
that Wiki, the Earth would freeze."
- Doctor Stomper comes on stage.  "I'll have you know, young lady, the
Wiki is now crafted from the finest Interwebs.  It will shine all day
and night!"
- "Oh, joy."

** RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:  Drew Perron!  RUNNERS-UP:  Wil Alambre and
Adrian McClure!

** RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:  TIE!  Mighty Medley, and The Super
Wizard From Space!  RUNNER-UP:  Flash! LNH Comics Presents Monthly

** RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:  WikiLull!

** RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:  Empress of Pages!

** RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:  TIE!  The Chainsaw Effect (Flash: LNH
Comics Presents Monthly #1) and, err, the Rise of the Ultimate Darkness!
  (Powernaut 2006 #13)  RUNNERS-UP:  Philosopher Lass Adventures #2, and
The Super Wizard from Space #60!

** RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:  Philosopher Lass!

** RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:  Genovefa Buzz!  RUNNER-UP:
Deathspork!
- Deathspork the Terminator charges on stage.  "Mission Accomplished!!!"
- Rainshade says, "Was *that* what you wanted?  Well, mission
accomplished then."

** RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:  Pragmatic Reasons Lass!

** RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:  Philosopher Lass!  RUNNERS-UP:
Deathspork and Cal Morgan!
- Deathspork the Terminator charges back on stage.  "Mission
Accomplished!!!"

** RACC10. FAVORITE TEAM/GROUP:  The Core LNH!  RUNNERS-UP:  The Hit
Girlz and the Heroes of the 1980s (Power Stars)!

** RACC11.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:  Flash! LNH Comics Presents Monthly!
  RUNNERS-UP:  WikiLull and Another LNH Title? Really?

** RACC12.  FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE:  The Super Wizard from Space!
RUNNER-UP:  Mighty Medley!

** RACC13.  FAVORITE DRAMA/ACRAPHOBE:  Mighty Medley!  RUNNER-UP:  The
Super Wizard from Space!

** RACC14:  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:  Catalog of Earths 2016!
- Rainshade says, "Oh, can the damn review duck already."
- Author's Note:  Just as soon as Kid Review comes back.

** RACC15.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:  Classic LNH!  RUNNERS-UP:  The
Girl Who Saved the World, and the Super Wizardverse!

** RACC16:  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:  Drew Perron!

** RACC17:  BEST DISCUSSION:  Classic LNH Adventures!  RUNNER-UP:  Is
the LNH Wiki Up?
- Doctor Stomper says, "You bet it is *now*!"
- Rainshade says, "I'll believe it when I see it."

** RACC18:  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:  The LNHQ exploding!  RUNNER-UP:
Drew, tokusatsu, magical girls

** RACC19:  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:  George Phillies!  RUNNERS-UP:  Adrian
McClure and Mike Friedman!
- Rainshade says, "I have to admire the power level in that winning
author's documentaries."

** RACC20.  FAVORITE NEW WRITER:  Subnet Mask!

** RACC21.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:  TIE!  Dashing Tales [LNH] and The Girl
Who Saved the World [MISC]!

                  .....oooooOOOOO(*)OOOOOooooo.....

Doctor Stomper says, "But what about the people who were going to defend
the ceremony??"

Rainshade says, "They must have won.  We might remember what they did,
someday.  That's the way these ceremonies go."

                  .....oooooOOOOO(*)OOOOOooooo.....

Author's Notes...

As in previous years, I note Winners and Runners-Up.  The latter is any
nominee who could have been a winner, had someone swapped a vote between
first and second place (or second and third).

In this stripped-down ceremony, I picked Adventurers but not Presenters.
  I have started the Adventure but not impeded the ceremony.  That seems
to fit RACCies tradition.  One of those old ceremonies has the Hungry
Past still rampaging...  and Our Adventurers might find it!

I've relinquished one or two old "Give it to Scott" categories, but I've
put a couple of Powernaut comics in contention for the major awards.  I
consider that a win.  So, thank you.

Credits:  These characters were submitted as adventurers:

*  Rainshade, by Tom Russell.

*  January Frost, by Adrian McClure.

*  Mary Mystery comes from me, Scott Eiler.

*  Love Protectress Gorgoneion, by Drew Perron.

*  MaryBeth the Hit Girl, by Darryl Hughes.

*  Starsmasher, by George Phillies.

*  Speaker for the Thread, by Dave Van Domelen.

Thank you all.

I know. - Archie Andrews