SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2015 Update #4 of 5: Legacy Universes

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:54:24 PST 2016

On 12/30/2015 10:25 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> - Relevance:  Minor; could interact with the Council, but not likely

That's another thing I'd like to see!

> The story has proceeded
> at more or less its regular pace, but has missed some opportunities for
> imagination.  (Like, what *does* happen when super-ninjas invade the Buddhist
> afterlife - other than Our Hero showing up to save the day?)

I feel like there are occasionally things that could be even more colorful about
it, yeah. When I'm writing a ridiculous, Silver Age-y concept, I like to take a
moment to look at the situation and say, "What happens when these two things
bump into each other?"

> Also, Godling's
> world is full of guest stars; that's one of its strengths.  So it would be fun
> to see more of them in stories.

Definitely looking for more Godling's World.

> - Chronicler's Web Site:  apparently none

That'd be nice - I'd love an easy way to point people to these stories.

> Previous series "Jolt City" and "Red Hart" are
> now complete, and "Orphans of Mars" is on hold.

It's actually gone to print-book-only, I believe.

It's true. @-@ That's amazing.

> - Psychovant's Comments:  Shared-universe, huh?  Share THIS!  (insert
> photocopied portrayal of duck buttocks)

Next HCC: Duck Buttocks

> - Critique:  Three stories were published this year.  They were set in 1994,
> 2008, and 2026.  The series may be admired for providing full-spectrum history,
> but it's effectively ruled out interaction with the modern age.  Even in the
> future, the flagship series Academy of Super-Heroes has yet to follow up a story
> about the sun going out.
>
> - Psychovant's Comments:  Oh, come on.  The Powernaut spews out a lot more
> stories than that, but he's ignoring the "modern age" pretty damn heavily too.

The duck has a point!

Drew "besides, 2026 *is* the modern age for ASH" Perron