LNH/HCC: Just Another Cascade #12 part B

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:55:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 4:30:08 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
> > "Uh... that's the embodiment of Simplicity," said Net.Access [last seen in
> > Ultimate Mercenary #7]
> >
> > "Ha!" it said. "I told you if you made things too complicated everything
> > would be destroyed! I was right! I told you soooooo..." Then, gradually, he
> > faded away and was gone. The silence fell again. Everyone stared out at the
> > nothing in the viewscreen.
>
> ...what an asshole XD

I think bringing Simplicity back worked since this issue narratively mirrors UM v1 #7, just as LNHY #14 did UM v1 #6.

> ...R-Rob did an Easily-Discovered Man in January >->;

Yep! I guess I counted it as part of the past year, though I'm happy in general with how persistent Easily Discovered Man has been.

I also notice there were no stories in February. (the 28-day lull?) It's been a while since we've had a month without LNH stories, although at our current work rate, that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

> CONSEQUENCES. :D

That's something I do a lot as a writer--focusing on this chain of consequences from past stories.

> > A tiny metal disc whooshed through the air, knocking out of her hands with an
> > explosion. "Not a chance, Galadriel," said Token Girl.
>
> ! o.O I don't know what that means and I'm fascinated.

It's a reference to the part of LOTR where Galadriel handles the One Ring and is tempted by its power. Token Girl is a major LOTR fan. She watched the movies hundreds of times when they came out and may have been a LITTLE obsessed with Legolas.

> > "Well, duh, this is the Friend Zone. I guess you must have brought me here
> > subconsciously since you knew you needed me." She side-hugged her tightly as
> > they walked together.
>
> Friendshipping, THE GREATEST SHIPPING OF ALL

This being a friendship I basically made up out of the whole cloth and have been acting like it's been around all this time... It fills a niche of close female friendship that the core LNH hasn't had enough of. Anyway we'll be learning more about where that came from in a future thing (if I can finish it...)

> > "You do not know what you are rejecting, Catalyst Lass. Your power and
> > leadership is as great as mine. If you joined me, your world need fear
> > nothing again!" The Queen threw up her arms. "You are worthy to stand as my
> > consort,
>
> Wait, I was right the first time

Like many things I've done lately, this was inspired by Claremont. (Remember how every villain was trying to make Storm their consort?) I've been listening to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, and that's help revitalize my love of superhero fiction. Really though Claremont's always been a huge influence on me. (I feel like my current work is the mid-80s claremont to Dvandom Force's Claremont/Byrne.)

Anyway, one important thing about the Crossover Queen is how she consistently tries to get people to join her side. Remember, she started out as leader of an order of magical girls. (In System Corruptors #28.) She may have turned to evil now, but a lot of those leadership and community-building instincts are still with her.

> ...well crap, now I gotta finish it. @-@
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, lucky number 13, coming soon!

YOU CAN DO IT, I BELIEVE IN YOU! :D

Adrian (zapping you with motivation)