LNH/HCC: Just Another Cascade #12 part B

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:46:09 PDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 12:55 AM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 4:30:08 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
>>> "Uh... that's the embodiment of Simplicity," said Net.Access [last seen in
>>> Ultimate Mercenary #7]
>>>
>>> "Ha!" it said. "I told you if you made things too complicated everything
>>> would be destroyed! I was right! I told you soooooo..." Then, gradually, he
>>> faded away and was gone. The silence fell again. Everyone stared out at the
>>> nothing in the viewscreen.
>>
>> ...what an asshole XD
>
>I think bringing Simplicity back worked since this issue narratively
 > mirrors UM v1 #7, just as LNHY #14 did UM v1 #6.

Hm yes quite u.u

>> ...R-Rob did an Easily-Discovered Man in January >->;
>
>Yep! I guess I counted it as part of the past year, though I'm happy in
 > general with how persistent Easily Discovered Man has been.

Indeed! <3 EDM is a consistent delight.

>I also notice there were no stories in February. (the 28-day lull?) It's
 > been a while since we've had a month without LNH stories, although at our
 > current work rate, that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

My lack of reviews helps with that, sadly. I'm going to come back to it soon,
once I take care of a bunch of other obligations. @.@

>>> A tiny metal disc whooshed through the air, knocking out of her hands with an
>>> explosion. "Not a chance, Galadriel," said Token Girl.
>>
>> ! o.O I don't know what that means and I'm fascinated.
>
>It's a reference to the part of LOTR where Galadriel handles the One Ring
 > and is tempted by its power.

Ah, nice! <3 Actually, I was most confused because somehow I was mixing up
Galadriel with Guenivere. @.@

 > Token Girl is a major LOTR fan. She watched the movies hundreds of times
 > when they came out and may have been a LITTLE obsessed with Legolas.

Naturally. :D

>>> "Well, duh, this is the Friend Zone. I guess you must have brought me here
>>> subconsciously since you knew you needed me." She side-hugged her tightly as
>>> they walked together.
>>
>> Friendshipping, THE GREATEST SHIPPING OF ALL
>
>This being a friendship I basically made up out of the whole cloth and have
 > been acting like it's been around all this time...

YEAH. :D Relationshipcons!

>>> "You do not know what you are rejecting, Catalyst Lass. Your power and
>>> leadership is as great as mine. If you joined me, your world need fear
>>> nothing again!" The Queen threw up her arms. "You are worthy to stand as my
>>> consort,
>>
>> Wait, I was right the first time
>
>Like many things I've done lately, this was inspired by Claremont.
 > (Remember how every villain was trying to make Storm their consort?) I've
 > been listening to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, and that's help
 > revitalize my love of superhero fiction

Ahhhhhh, nice. <3 And yeah, I noticed that when I was working thru the
Essential X-Men volumes a few years back - Rachel and Miles got me back on it.

 > Really though Claremont's always been a huge influence on me. (I feel like
 > my current work is the mid-80s claremont to Dvandom Force's
 > Claremont/Byrne.)

Hmmmm, yes, yes. u.u

>  Anyway, one important thing about the Crossover Queen is how she
 > consistently tries to get people to join her side. Remember, she started out
 > as leader of an order of magical girls. (In System Corruptors #28.) She may
 > have turned to evil now, but a lot of those leadership and community-
 > building instincts are still with her.

An excellent point! <3 And she really does believe in what she's doing.

>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, lucky number 13, coming soon!
>
> YOU CAN DO IT, I BELIEVE IN YOU! :D

HELL YEAH :D

> Adrian (zapping you with motivation)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, PZHWOOM