META: Intro! + [DV-S] Cityscape / [DV] The Makeover

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Nov 30 17:04:00 PST 2014

On 11/28/2014 5:30 PM, deucexm wrote:
> Greetings to all!  Some mysterious stranger pointed me in the
> direction of this group and mentioned it'd be a good place to get
> feedback, and I must say, it's a really nice RACC.

*cough* I detect the Hand of Andrew P *cough*

> Colin's the name, deucexm's the handle.  I'm a meteorologist and
> former satellite communications guy, but my passion has always been
> creating things, and wordsmithing has always been my forte somehow.
> (Never quite managed musical composition, perhaps from lack of
> trying?)

Hello and welcome, Deuce XM.

> Anyway, if you're
> not bored to tears yet, or if you /are/ bored and don't mind my usage
> of // to indicate italics in plaintext, have a link to one of my much
> earlier scraps, hosted on my Last Library tumblr.
>
> http://lastlibrary.tumblr.com/post/44891332730/scraps-2-cityscape
>
> If you'd prefer something finished, I'm afraid all I have to offer at
> the moment is The Makeover, a short story which is hosted on my
> deviantArt.  (Which I also never use.)
>
> http://deucexmachina.deviantart.com/art/The-Makeover-working-title-part-1-312014897
>
> I would be delighted to hear constructive opinions!  And I shall
> endeavor to provide my own constructive opinions on the body of works
> that already exists here.

They're both good starts.  When I started (longer ago than I care to
admit), I would have called the "scrap" a complete story, and written a
quick ending to the "finished" Part 1 story.  I didn't write my stories
to be complete until I started hanging around RACC.  But I have all
those old concepts to draw upon.  I'm actually rewriting some of them
and tacking onto on others; you can see some of that in the Powernaut
comics.

You don't need us to tell you what to write or when.  But when you do
write it, I bet we'll be happy to read it.  'Til then, I think we'll
like you even better for giving us comments.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews