META: Intro! + [DV-S] Cityscape / [DV] The Makeover

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:30:28 PST 2014

Greetings to all!  Some mysterious stranger pointed me in the direction of this group and mentioned it'd be a good place to get feedback, and I must say, it's a really nice RACC.

Colin's the name, deucexm's the handle.  I'm a meteorologist and former satellite communications guy, but my passion has always been creating things, and wordsmithing has always been my forte somehow.  (Never quite managed musical composition, perhaps from lack of trying?)

A while back I decided instead of writing fanfiction - not that there's anything wrong with that - I'd create my own universe, which bears the name D-Verse for the single reason that I've never found anything better to call it.  It's got its own Pantheon, a plethora of creatures both sentient and non-, a planar system, and a wikia (that hasn't been updated in forever) that I use to patch together all the disparate thoughts I have in some semblance of logical order.  It also has a certain amount of timey wimey shenanigans (and, in fact, a /god/ of timey wimey shenanigans (named Dio (after Dio Brando))), with genres that encompass... pretty much anything I want to write, which has thus far included [what I'm fairly sure Wikipedia defines as] high fantasy as well as science fiction with magical elements, magic being a huge persistent thing in the D-Verse.

Gosh, that's a lot of words that don't say a lot.  Anyway, if you're not bored to tears yet, or if you /are/ bored and don't mind my usage of // to indicate italics in plaintext, have a link to one of my much earlier scraps, hosted on my Last Library tumblr.

http://lastlibrary.tumblr.com/post/44891332730/scraps-2-cityscape

If you'd prefer something finished, I'm afraid all I have to offer at the moment is The Makeover, a short story which is hosted on my deviantArt.  (Which I also never use.)

http://deucexmachina.deviantart.com/art/The-Makeover-working-title-part-1-312014897

I would be delighted to hear constructive opinions!  And I shall endeavor to provide my own constructive opinions on the body of works that already exists here.