SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2014 Update #2 of 5: RACC and LNH

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 23:17:18 PST 2014

On 12/25/2014 5:54 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Oh, please.  How many more years can this ceremony
> be disrupted before people learn to avoid that?  Perhaps they'll finally get
> effective security next year.  Of course, from what I know of you 3-D beings,
> it might just be security theatre.  They might even cancel the ceremony as
> soon as some tinpot dictator hires some hackers to blackmail the Writers.
> Perhaps they should just mail out the awards.

Well, it's definitely theater, all right.

> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Some things simply are what they are, and comments
> add nothing.  It would be like dancing about architecture... The LNH is one of
> those things.

Oh man. I definitely want to see someone dance about architecture. o.o

> UNIVERSE:  Legion of Net.Heroes (LNH) Offshoots, particularly Dynamite Radical

Awwwww yeah.

> - Threat Analysis:  Major.  This Writer is making a serious effort to make
> money from his favorite LNH creation, one Kid Enthusiatic - and he's giving
> out free samples.  This incarnation of the hero(ine) has enthusiasm plus a
> power object of omniversal proportions.  She has the power to come to our
> Council, and the attitude to oppose it.

MWAHAHAHA.

> - Critique:  One doubts one *can* make money from fiction, barring a miracle.

With courage, a one-in-a-million miracle becomes 100%! (And really, I've done
it before...)

> - Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Ah, a young heroine is wielding fundamental forces
> of reality.  I'm tempted to collect her.

I think she's separated from the strands of destiny, so that'd be hard.

> Author's Note:  I first prepared these reviews about two months ago.  A funny
> thing happened since I first wrote the LNH review...  The LNH got healthy!
> Andrew P has done an admirable job of keeping it on life support long enough
> for its other friends to come visit for the End of Year.

YEAH. <3 Throwin' down with a chunk of inspirations!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, powering UP!