SW10/REVIEW: Catalog of Earths, 2014 Update #2 of 5: RACC and LNH

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Dec 25 14:54:14 PST 2014

UNIVERSE:  RACC Offshoots (RACCies)

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  Scott Eiler and Andrew Perron

- Chronicler's Web Site:  none

- Activity:  RACCies are annual in April or May

- Relevance:  Minimal, unchanged since last year.  There was an incident
at the RACCies ceremony, but omniversal travelers other than ourselves
dealt with it.

- Threat Analysis:  Minimal, unchanged from last year.

- Critique:  (provided privately due to Council security designation)

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Oh, please.  How many more years can this
ceremony be disrupted before people learn to avoid that?  Perhaps
they'll finally get effective security next year.  Of course, from what
I know of you 3-D beings, it might just be security theatre.  They might
even cancel the ceremony as soon as some tinpot dictator hires some
hackers to blackmail the Writers.  Perhaps they should just mail out the
awards.

---

UNIVERSE(s):  Legion of Net.Heroes (LNH, LNH20, and LNHY)

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  most of the membership of RACC

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.lnhq.info/

- Activity:  about twice a month

- Relevance:  Major.  These universes interact with each other, and so
are assessed together.  Two of them have already interacted with the
Council, though admittedly we made First Contact.

- Threat Analysis:  As for last year, these universes are like a herd of
rhinos.  This year, the rhinos are showing jerks of activity.  The main
story of LNH20 made two episodes' worth of progress, and one "Looniverse
Y" saw some action.  The main universe finally disposed of the Dorfian
menace and encountered a Split-The-Omniverse threat.  We sent Psychovant
to investigate - but he got bounced back to Turkworld!  Perhaps it is
best you send no more envoys - but if you *do* send one, you might
select a less obnoxious one this time.

- Critique:  The LNH writers admit an inability to finish the large
multi-writer epics - but one got finished this year.  More importantly,
it's still the go-to imprint for most writers in RACC.   They do their
best work in these stories.  It's been noted, the LNH will always survive.

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Some things simply are what they are, and
comments add nothing.  It would be like dancing about architecture...
The LNH is one of those things.

---

UNIVERSE:  Legion of Net.Heroes (LNH) Offshoots, particularly Dynamite
Radical

- Type:  Superhuman

- Chronicler(s):  mostly Andrew Perron

- Chronicler's Web Site:  http://www.lnhq.info/

- Activity:  weekly for short bursts

- Relevance:  May interact with the Council.

- Threat Analysis:  Major.  This Writer is making a serious effort to
make money from his favorite LNH creation, one Kid Enthusiatic - and
he's giving out free samples.  This incarnation of the hero(ine) has
enthusiasm plus a power object of omniversal proportions.  She has the
power to come to our Council, and the attitude to oppose it.

- Critique:  One doubts one *can* make money from fiction, barring a
miracle.  We believe your Powernaut might be up to $12 in advertising
revenue, but his advertisers reserve the right to withhold payment for
anything less than $100...  Still, it is impressive to see enthusiasm as
a battle tactic.  This story line is as worthy as any.

- Hyper-Piper's Comments:  Ah, a young heroine is wielding fundamental
forces of reality.  I'm tempted to collect her.

--- Next:  PART 3:  The Web Comics ---

Author's Note:  I first prepared these reviews about two months ago.  A
funny thing happened since I first wrote the LNH review...  The LNH got
healthy!  Andrew P has done an admirable job of keeping it on life
support long enough for its other friends to come visit for the End of Year.

I know. - Archie Andrews