SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #24: Spanker 4 Is One Of Yours!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Dec 25 16:10:10 PST 2014

Oh, look, the wise men are marching across Asia!  ... no, wait, those
aren't magi, they're monsters!

For Christmas, the Powernaut joins RACC in giving the gift of free
online fiction.  Happy Holidays!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005d.htm#24

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  The Engines of Reality

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

I have often encountered seven *things* which could warp all reality
(ref: duopol2.htm).  They individually have control over Time, Space,
Mind, Soul, Power, Reality, and Permanence.  They look like gems, but
they work like engines.  So I refer to them as the Engines of Reality.

I lose track of how often the Engines and I have made contact, but it's
been at least once every decade since the 1980s.  People tell me I held
them in the  1960s also... wow, neat trick.  I am so familiar with these
things, I held them and *renounced* them once - permanently, because of
the Engine of Permanence.  (1988/me2.htm#sevenways)  Unfortunately, at
the time I neglected to ban *others* from chasing that same power.  They
merely have conditions before they can affect *me* with it.

So, you might consider me an expert on the Engines of Reality.  As that
expert, I now tell you... They're bad news.  They're like the root
passwords to everything, and the sysadmins of reality are just shrugging
and saying "Whatever, you can just figure it out yourselves".

I know. - Archie Andrews