REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #96 - December 2011 [spoilers]

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 06:27:17 PST 2012

On Jan 24, 2:11 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [schism of Catalyst Lass into Catalyst Lass and Hell Catalyst]
>
> > I said at the time and still say that this was a mistake. Jameel
> > objected to Catalyst Lass reading romance novels on the basis that he
> > thought Catalyst lass was intelligent but who says that a person can't
> > read romance novels and still be intelligent? Well, granted, if she
> > were to ever read Twilight...
>
> That was just a bit before my time, so I may not have the full details,

Oh, sorry.  I believe the exact quote was that Jameel thought Jeff's
version of Catalyst Lass was a "bimbo".  The reading of romance novels
might have had less to do with it than Jeff's description of her tight
fitting costume.

> but I tend to agree with you.  In addition to the 'too intelligent to
> read romance novels' angle (willing suspension of disbelief to immerse
> oneself in the setting will cover that), I'm also recalling the way
> that various people wrote the character of Master Blaster in the open
> series he briefly had a few years ago, where different writers focused
> on different parts of his character, making him a more rounded figure.
> In the same way I thought Catalyst Lass having a hobby rounded her out
> as well.

Incidentally, they both thought I was writing their version whenever I
used Catalyst Lass.

Martin