LNH20: Yet More Tasty Crunchy Ideas

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 19:02:14 PST 2012

On Feb 3, 1:05 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about something, and realized that it wanted to use
> Plotdevicium.  However, I also realized that one of the themes of LNH20 so
> far has been working its metafictional callouts into the narrative a bit
> more.  So, I fiddled with the idea and came up with something a bit
> different:
>
> Awesomenium: A molecular lattice of carbon, silicon, geranium, tin, and
> flerovium.  Reacts positively to net.human powers, allowing energy to be
> channeled, reflected, deflected and manipulated in various ways.
> Discovered and named by Kid Enthusiastic.

Flerovium?

Anyway, awesomenium is a better name.  It sounds more like the name of
an element though.  What if awesomenium alloy were actually an alloy
of ordinary metals doped with trace amounts of awesomenium (because it
is an extremely rare element) and this is enough for it to have the
necessary properties.  ("Doping" is the term scientists use to refer
to adding metallic impurities to a metal.)

As a new element discovered by Kid Enthusiastic it would have to have
atomic number 119 or higher FWIW.

Martin