LNH20: Yet More Tasty Crunchy Ideas

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 23:36:14 PST 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 03:02:14 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

> Flerovium?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flerovium

I was looking for elements in the same group as carbon (due to its many
different molecular structures), and when I realized that this was a real
thing that had such a comic-booky name, I was like yes.

> Anyway, awesomenium is a better name.  It sounds more like the name of
> an element though.  What if awesomenium alloy were actually an alloy
> of ordinary metals doped with trace amounts of awesomenium (because it
> is an extremely rare element) and this is enough for it to have the
> necessary properties.  ("Doping" is the term scientists use to refer
> to adding metallic impurities to a metal.)

You know, a theoretical element in the "island of stability" is something I
considered, but honestly, "new element with weird powers" is enough of a
cliche that I wanted to put my own spin on it.  Thus, a molecular lattice.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, besides, it's already doped!  With
flerovium!