LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 28 11:55:08 PDT 2011

On 10/28/11 10:57 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Oct 28, 7:41 am, Martin Phipps<martinphip... at yahoo.com>  wrote:

>> I am thinking that you, me, Andrew, Arthur and Rob could write FOUR
>> parts each.  Each part would be titled like Irony Man #1: LNH Assemble
>> #1 etc. but not every issue would be a solo story obviously.  [I know
>> Dave also responded to this thread but I don't know if he wants to
>> participate or not.]  With five authors planning becomes easier.  Of
>> course other people can get involved, especially if the five of us
>> don't have time.  I just think if we can agree on the makeup of the
>> LNH in the story and the basic plot and who writes what then we can
>> easily all have material ready to post on the author's group by the
>> end of January and then finally agree on everything by the middle of
>> April.
>
> I disagree; I don't think we should just focus on the first few
> writers that express interest, and if the universe is going to be a
> going concern, we should have as many people as possible doing things
> they want to continue doing.  Honestly, I don't think most of this
> really *needs* a lot of planning, not if it's not going to just be a
> single unified story.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, loose and organic~

Yeah, we've got like six months so we don't need to set everything to
stone right this minute.  I say wait till January before we add the
concrete.

We've got Martin, Andrew, Rob, Ted, Lalo, and me so far.  Each of us can
pick what characters we want to write about at this point.  But we
should wait a few months to see if others are interested.

Saxon usually participates in these things... of course it's possible he
might be burned out on RACC... been awhile since there was an End of the
Months Review...

And there are others.  Dave maybe (come on Dave... you know you want
to), Jamas... maybe some old LNH'rs like Jaelle, Tom, or Jamie Rosen
would want to do an issue.  Some new LNH'r like Wil?  So let's just wait
a bit.

Also my idea for this is that it's a series that takes place for 20
weeks with each character issue being for its own week.

The first week wouldn't necessarily have to have all 20 members.  There
could just be like six or seven members and they could be added over
time till week 20 where there are 20 members.  And after that people
could add how many ever characters they wanted to this LNH.

This should also probably have its own imprint.  So maybe LNHR (for
Reboot)?  LNH20?  LNH2012?

This is the way I see it...

LNH2012: Catalyst Lass #1:  Week One

LNH2012: Irony Man #1: Week Two

..
..
..

LNH2012: Fearless Leader #1:  Week Twenty

I do think every issue should just focus on a specific character and
their interactions with the LNH for whatever week it takes place.  The
writer could do whatever they wanted for that issue.  If they want to
have the character have some origin flashback they could do that.  If
they don't.. then they don't have to.

And just because a character doesn't become a member of the LNH doesn't
mean you couldn't include them in the issue.  I mean EDM Lite could be
in the issue as a sidekick of the LNH'r Easily Discovered Man.

We should probably take all of this planning talk back to the Authors Group.

Arthur "And furthermore..." Spitzer