LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:57:07 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 7:41 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I would vote for the first twenty I listed.  Maybe other
> people can suggest their own list of twenty to thirty LNHers while
> saying who their top twenty would be.

Personally, I don't think we should populate the list entirely with
pre-existing LNH characters.  Actually, I don't think we should decide
on a specific list yet - let people bring in the characters they think
are cool, you know? - but I do think that the new/old character ratio
should be about 50/50.

> Now here's an idea.  What if by some coincidence the Legion of
> Net.Heroines, the League of Net.Heroes, the Legion of New.Heroes and
> the Legion de Net.Heroes were to form at the same time and there was
> some argument over the rights to the name LNH and they came up with
> "Legion of Net.Heroes" as a compromise?

...I like this.  Even if we don't have this as the main story, I'd
like to have it in the backstory.

> > > I'm not sure I like the "max of 20 members" thing; it seems like kind
> > > of an awkward number, too large for groups like the JLA or even the
> > > Avengers, but too small for LSH-esque megagroups.
>
> > My gut feeling agrees with this. It's weird.
>
> For the JLA, Avengers or LSH, maybe, but with three X-Men titles isn't
> 20 about the number of active X-Men?

Yeah, but the X-Men are themselves weird.  They're part superhero
team, part private army, and part halfway home for troubled mutants.

Personally, I don't think we should focus on the origins of the team/
world.  I think having one of the issues be an Action Comics-esque
focus on history is enough.

> I am thinking that you, me, Andrew, Arthur and Rob could write FOUR
> parts each.  Each part would be titled like Irony Man #1: LNH Assemble
> #1 etc. but not every issue would be a solo story obviously.  [I know
> Dave also responded to this thread but I don't know if he wants to
> participate or not.]  With five authors planning becomes easier.  Of
> course other people can get involved, especially if the five of us
> don't have time.  I just think if we can agree on the makeup of the
> LNH in the story and the basic plot and who writes what then we can
> easily all have material ready to post on the author's group by the
> end of January and then finally agree on everything by the middle of
> April.

I disagree; I don't think we should just focus on the first few
writers that express interest, and if the universe is going to be a
going concern, we should have as many people as possible doing things
they want to continue doing.  Honestly, I don't think most of this
really *needs* a lot of planning, not if it's not going to just be a
single unified story.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, loose and organic~