LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:38:01 PST 2011

On Nov 5, 9:19 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That sounds about right, though I think it's a good idea to establish
> > why the core group comes together, whatever the core group
> > turns out to be.
>
> Indeed.  And I think we should avoid something similar to the Cosmic Plot
> Device Caper, i.e. Avengers/Excalibur/Justice League-style "a villain
> attacks and a bunch of solo heroes come together to fight them".
> Especially since that's sort of what Martin's doing over in LNHX.

I like Martin's idea of somehow working the Occupy Wall Street
(Occupy Rackam Avenue?) protests into this... possibly having the LNH
form out of protest members, or even in response to the protests.  I
like
the idea of a super-hero organization whose members set out
(in the beginning, anyway) to make the world a better place, rather
than banding together in response to some threat...

Here's another possibility: I once had the Waffle Queen
maintain a consulting agency whose purpose in life was
to identify high school students with super-powers and
...prevent them from becoming trouble-makers... by
submitting them to "re-education."

So we could have the Waffle Queen (or another villain)
maintaining an institution to "discipline and train" super-
powered youngsters (like Xavier's Academy, only
eeeeevil), and the group that becomes the LNH escapes
and rebels.  The fact that institutions like the Waffle
Queen's exist might explain why super-heroes have
been underground for a while, and this might also
explain why all the members of the LNH are young
folks...

Of course, if we really want this to be a story set
in 2012, we could have the LNH form as the result
of a reality show...

--Rob Rogers
--Would be the first voted off the island