LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:19:09 PDT 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 18:23:30 +0000 (UTC), EDMLite wrote:

> On Nov 4, 10:11 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> *sigh* ok, let's write this thing then :-P
>
> OK, I'm in.

AW YEAH!

6/5 REBOOT WRITERS FOUND - BONUS WRITER UNLOCKED

>> Should we make a list of what characters we *have* cleared? All of mine, all of
>> Arthur's, Tom's, Andrew's, that's not a bad start, even if not exactly the
>> classics.
>
> You're welcome to mine as well.  That's not exactly a lot of
> characters,
> of course, though I do seem to have quite a few villains...

It's a lot of really good characters, though!

>> I believe the general feeling in these 5 writers is that we don't really need
>> to restrict to 20 members, although I'd be in favour of a
>> manageable/understandable LNH. Am I wrong?
>
> That sounds about right, though I think it's a good idea to establish
> why the core group comes together, whatever the core group
> turns out to be.

Indeed.  And I think we should avoid something similar to the Cosmic Plot
Device Caper, i.e. Avengers/Excalibur/Justice League-style "a villain
attacks and a bunch of solo heroes come together to fight them".
Especially since that's sort of what Martin's doing over in LNHX.

>> - Tech Person (Stomper, Contraption Man) — doesn't Tom have one?
>
> Is Kid Enthusiastic a part of this?

He is!  Hmmm... I definitely want him to be significantly different
somehow... age-up, gender-swap, both too easy...

> Here's a name... "Professor Penumbra..."
>
> That's really all I have.  I like the name, though.

That is an *excellent* name.

>> - Badass Ultraviolent Fighter (UN, Master Blaster) — I think we're going with
>>   the rebooted, gun-happy Twaelia, and the rebooted Pantra who isn't from the
>>   future at all.
>
> And certainly You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad...

Oh, yes.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, definitely need some names like that.