LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:14:03 PST 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 01:38:01 +0000 (UTC), EDMLite wrote:

<snip>
> I like Martin's idea of somehow working the Occupy Wall Street
> (Occupy Rackam Avenue?) protests into this... possibly having the LNH
> form out of protest members, or even in response to the protests.  I
> like
> the idea of a super-hero organization whose members set out
> (in the beginning, anyway) to make the world a better place, rather
> than banding together in response to some threat...

Hmmmmmm.  I like this very very much, but if it's five years ago, it
wouldn't be "Occupy" protests - and honestly, I want to tweak the history
of the world a bit...

> So we could have the Waffle Queen (or another villain)
> maintaining an institution to "discipline and train" super-
> powered youngsters (like Xavier's Academy, only
> eeeeevil), and the group that becomes the LNH escapes
> and rebels.  The fact that institutions like the Waffle
> Queen's exist might explain why super-heroes have
> been underground for a while, and this might also
> explain why all the members of the LNH are young
> folks...

Hm - except, what about Fearless Leader? (And Agent M.) Perhaps we can
combine the two ideas...

> Of course, if we really want this to be a story set
> in 2012, we could have the LNH form as the result
> of a reality show...

Well, the origin story will be 2007-ish, but still.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, foobar.