LNH/META: Villains!

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 1 17:37:33 PDT 2011

On 11/1/11 2:31 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Oct 31, 6:03 pm, Andrew Perron<pwer... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:25:38 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>>> Anyway, it doesn't matter now since I'm quitting this project
>>> thanks to this post by Martin.  And I probably won't involve
>>> myself with any other projects that Martin is involved with.
>>
>> Hmmmm.  You know, Martin and I both seem to have ideas that don't really
>> work with each other... hey, maybe we can do a *dual* reboot!  That's
>> something that's never been done!  Two new LNHs.  Perhaps one is more
>> Marvel and one is more DC?  And during the event, they fight?
>
> Or I can just say "I won't participate anymore" and then Arthur can
> still participate and save face but then he'd still know deep down
> inside that I offered a lot of input into something that was all his
> idea but just about everything I suggested was shot down by him and
> somehow that makes me a control freak and an "asshole" who was
> "pushing his buttons".  Whatever.

I'm not going to take part in any of these events.  You can do whatever
you want.

And since I'm in a calmer state today, I'll try to explain in a more
rational and logical fashion why you're wrong and why you lied.  And
then maybe you'll finally get it.

First there is nothing in my posts on the Authors Group that remotely
suggested that I was reserving Acton Lord.  This is a fact.  What you
did was try to guess what my intentions were and you're a lousy guesser.
  And a lousy mind reader.  And so you guessed what turned out to be a
lie.  And you posted that lie to RACC.

Now if you had wanted to you could have simply asked me whether or not I
had reserved Acton Lord through e-mail, or on the Authors Group, or even
on RACC.  That would have been fine.  And that would have been a very
easy thing to do with little effort on your part.  If you had wanted to
know the 'true' answer that's all you would have had to have done.  But
you didn't bother to do that.  Instead you just guessed and posted a
lie.  And that makes you a liar.

If you want to find out the truth you don't guess.  You go searching for
it.  You didn't know the truth and you posted a lie.  And there is no
excuse for that.  No excuse.  There is no excuse for posting a lie to
RACC when you could have found out the truth if you had bothered to put
just a little effort into asking me that question.  You lied.

And it's amazing that you don't seem to be able to get this.  It's
amazing that you think it is okay to post a lie when you could easily
have gotten the truth with just a little effort.  Why didn't you?  Why
do you think it's okay to post a lie?  Why do you think posting a lie
about me was some how necessary?  Why, Martin?

And you post a lie and try to pretend that lie is the truth.  But it's
not the truth.  The truth is I didn't reserve Acton Lord.  But you
didn't bother asking me.  Why can't you just own up to your mistake?

Here's the truth:  Arthur Spitzer is not reserving Acton Lord.

Here's the lie:  Arthur is reserving Acton Lord.

It's just that simple.  Why can't you see that?

Yesterday I posted a lie in my anger.  It was how most people on RACC
didn't like you.  But I don't know whether that is true or false.  It
could be true.  But I didn't bother to go through the process of finding
out whether it was true.  Sort of like you.  Anyways, I'm sorry for
saying that lie.  I apologize for it.

There see?  I apologized for lying.  It was pretty easy.  Why can't you
do that much?

We don't live in some Humpty Dumpty world where words can mean whatever
we want them to mean.  Maybe in such a world, 'Arthur Spitzer is not
reserving Acton Lord' might mean 'Arthur is reserving Acton Lord'.

But we don't live in that word.  We live in a world where 'Arthur is
reserving Acton Lord' is a lie.  And if you had bothered to ask me you
would have known it was a lie.  Reserved has a specific meaning in our
world and it isn't 'I have a possible idea for using Acton Lord as the
villain'.  It just isn't.

This is a big problem for you, Martin.  You don't bother to seek out the
truth.  You just guess it.  And when you guess wrong that is a lie.  And
that's not okay.  If you don't ask a person what they are thinking and
you just guess it and post it like it is a true statement that is wrong.
  You shouldn't do that.  But you seem to do that a lot.  And you seem
to think there is nothing wrong about that.  But it is wrong.  And there
is no excuse for it.

If you had bothered to ask me whether I was reserving Acton Lord, I
would have told you 'No.'  But you didn't.  And you lied.  You are a
liar.  When you post things that aren't true, those are lies.  And you
shouldn't do that.  That is not okay.  There is no reason to ever do that.

Do you get that?  Is that sinking through to you?  If not then maybe you
should read that all again till you finally get it.

Don't post lies.  Find out the truth.  Even if it takes a little effort.

Okay?

> Seriously, Arthur seems to be of the opinion that I don't have any
> feelings and he can say whatever he likes and expect me to still want
> to participate here.  Fat chance.  Maybe what we need is a cooling off
> period after which the person who should apologize here should go
> ahead and do so.  I've already apologized for apparently "pissing
> people off" but I won't apologize for "lying" because I did no such
> thing: Arthur had a very detailed storyline planned out involving
> Fearless Leader and Acton Lord and I said "You should do what you want
> and let other people do their own thing".  How was I to know he hadn't
> already run the idea past Dave?
>
> Martin

I wouldn't have called you an asshole if you had done the decent thing
and apologized for lying about my 'reserving Acton Lord'.  But instead
you made the classic snide Martin, 'What's your problem?  I did nothing
wrong,' response you're so good at.  So I called you an asshole.

I don't regret it.  It felt good.  Like I was doing the world a great
service.

I don't go around calling people assholes, or starting flame wars, or
flaming people.  But when I do, it is because they deserve it.  And you
really deserved it.

As for making you feel bad, tough.  Do you ever care about the feelings
of any of the people you keep irritating and irritating till they bite
your head off?  You're not the victim here Martin so quit playing the
victim card.  You are the one who lied and tried to pretend that lie was
the truth and didn't have the decency to apologize for it.  If you don't
want people to call you an asshole then don't act like one.  It's that
simple.

If you want an apology from me, here's what you should do.  Apologize
for lying about me, apologize to all the people you've alienated over
the years (like Tom), allow Tom to write your characters again, stop
pretending you're the victim.  Stop being an asshole.  And stop pissing
people off.  Try to act decently for a change.

If you do all of that then I'll apologize for calling you an asshole.
Until that time, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
It's not going to happen.

I assume I'm no longer allowed to use your characters.  That's okay.
Wasn't planning to anyway.

Feel free to killfile me if you want.  I know the truth hurts.

If you want to post that Ripping Dancer story as an Elsewhirl, feel free
to do so.

Okay, that's probably all I have to say on the subject.

Feel free to have the last word.

Arthur "Cooled Down..." Spitzer