LNH/META: Villains!

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 07:01:14 PDT 2011

On Nov 1, 5:37 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 11/1/11 2:31 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:

> >> Hmmmm.  You know, Martin and I both seem to have ideas that don't really
> >> work with each other... hey, maybe we can do a *dual* reboot!  That's
> >> something that's never been done!  Two new LNHs.  Perhaps one is more
> >> Marvel and one is more DC?  And during the event, they fight?
>
> > Or I can just say "I won't participate anymore" and then Arthur can
> > still participate and save face but then he'd still know deep down
> > inside that I offered a lot of input into something that was all his
> > idea but just about everything I suggested was shot down by him and
> > somehow that makes me a control freak and an "asshole" who was
> > "pushing his buttons".  Whatever.
>
> I'm not going to take part in any of these events.  You can do whatever
> you want.
>
> And since I'm in a calmer state today, I'll try to explain in a more
> rational and logical fashion why you're wrong and why you lied.  And
> then maybe you'll finally get it.

I'm not the one who lied.

> First there is nothing in my posts on the Authors Group that remotely
> suggested that I was reserving Acton Lord.  This is a fact.

That's a lie.  Stop lying and we'll get somewhere.

> What you
> did was try to guess what my intentions were and you're a lousy guesser.
>   And a lousy mind reader.  And so you guessed what turned out to be a
> lie.  And you posted that lie to RACC.

Why do you keep lying?

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

That's the truth: Acton Lord was central to the story you were going
to write.  Nobody else could write Acton Lord in that story without
knowing what you had planned.

> Now if you had wanted to you could have simply asked me whether or not I
> had reserved Acton Lord through e-mail, or on the Authors Group, or even
> on RACC.  That would have been fine.  And that would have been a very
> easy thing to do with little effort on your part.  If you had wanted to
> know the 'true' answer that's all you would have had to have done.  But
> you didn't bother to do that.  Instead you just guessed and posted a
> lie.  And that makes you a liar.

Constantly saying things that are not true makes you a liar.

> If you want to find out the truth you don't guess.  You go searching for
> it.  You didn't know the truth and you posted a lie.  And there is no
> excuse for that.  No excuse.  There is no excuse for posting a lie to
> RACC when you could have found out the truth if you had bothered to put
> just a little effort into asking me that question.  You lied.

Bullshit.  You accused me of wanting to start a flame war.  That's a
lie.

The truth is that with this post I was seeking input from other people
as to what villains we could use and letting people know that they
couldn't use Acton Lord because you were using him (ie he was
reserved).

> And it's amazing that you don't seem to be able to get this.  It's
> amazing that you think it is okay to post a lie when you could easily
> have gotten the truth with just a little effort.  Why didn't you?  Why
> do you think it's okay to post a lie?  Why do you think posting a lie
> about me was some how necessary?  Why, Martin?

Ask yourself why you lied and are continuing to lie.

> And you post a lie and try to pretend that lie is the truth.  But it's
> not the truth.  The truth is I didn't reserve Acton Lord.  But you
> didn't bother asking me.  Why can't you just own up to your mistake?
>
> Here's the truth:  Arthur Spitzer is not reserving Acton Lord.

That's a lie.  You were.

> Here's the lie:  Arthur is reserving Acton Lord.

That was the truth.  Again:

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> It's just that simple.  Why can't you see that?
>
> Yesterday I posted a lie in my anger.  It was how most people on RACC
> didn't like you.  But I don't know whether that is true or false.  It
> could be true.  But I didn't bother to go through the process of finding
> out whether it was true.  Sort of like you.  Anyways, I'm sorry for
> saying that lie.  I apologize for it.

Then don't lie.

Do you want to know the truth?  A lot of people were disappointed when
instead of having a conclusion to the Infinite Leadership Crisis we
were told that you were planning Beige Countdown and Beige Midnight
and that you had already plotted them all out and you wanted people to
help you.  Where's the fun in that?  People want to write their own
stories.  And you were planning on making the same mistake this time,
telling people what story to write and how to write it.  Collaborative
fiction means everybody gets to do their own thing while they play in
the same sandbox.  You were taking all the fun out of it.

> There see?  I apologized for lying.  It was pretty easy.  Why can't you
> do that much?

I didn't lie.

> We don't live in some Humpty Dumpty world where words can mean whatever
> we want them to mean.  Maybe in such a world, 'Arthur Spitzer is not
> reserving Acton Lord' might mean 'Arthur is reserving Acton Lord'.

Yes, exactly.  You say 'Arthur Spitzer was not reserving Acton Lord'
and that's a lie.

> But we don't live in that word.

I know.

> We live in a world where 'Arthur is
> reserving Acton Lord' is a lie.

No, most of us live in the real world.

> And if you had bothered to ask me you
> would have known it was a lie.  Reserved has a specific meaning in our
> world and it isn't 'I have a possible idea for using Acton Lord as the
> villain'.  It just isn't.

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> This is a big problem for you, Martin.  You don't bother to seek out the
> truth.  You just guess it.  And when you guess wrong that is a lie.  And
> that's not okay.  If you don't ask a person what they are thinking and
> you just guess it and post it like it is a true statement that is wrong.
>   You shouldn't do that.  But you seem to do that a lot.  And you seem
> to think there is nothing wrong about that.  But it is wrong.  And there
> is no excuse for it.

I agree.  There's no excuse for lying.  So why do you keep on doing
it?

> If you had bothered to ask me whether I was reserving Acton Lord, I
> would have told you 'No.'

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> But you didn't.  And you lied.

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> You are a
> liar.

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> When you post things that aren't true, those are lies.  And you
> shouldn't do that.  That is not okay.  There is no reason to ever do that.

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> Do you get that?  Is that sinking through to you?  If not then maybe you
> should read that all again till you finally get it.
>
> Don't post lies.  Find out the truth.  Even if it takes a little effort.
>
> Okay?

I don't lie.  I see no advantage to it, especially when all anybody
would have to do to find out the truth is read the posts on the
Author's group.

> > Seriously, Arthur seems to be of the opinion that I don't have any
> > feelings and he can say whatever he likes and expect me to still want
> > to participate here.  Fat chance.  Maybe what we need is a cooling off
> > period after which the person who should apologize here should go
> > ahead and do so.  I've already apologized for apparently "pissing
> > people off" but I won't apologize for "lying" because I did no such
> > thing: Arthur had a very detailed storyline planned out involving
> > Fearless Leader and Acton Lord and I said "You should do what you want
> > and let other people do their own thing".  How was I to know he hadn't
> > already run the idea past Dave?
>
> > Martin
>
> I wouldn't have called you an asshole if you had done the decent thing
> and apologized for lying about my 'reserving Acton Lord'.  But instead
> you made the classic snide Martin, 'What's your problem?  I did nothing
> wrong,' response you're so good at.  So I called you an asshole.

An asshole is someone who tells someone that nobody likes him and thus
implies that he should go away.

> I don't regret it.  It felt good.  Like I was doing the world a great
> service.

Arthus Spitzer is a fucking stupid ignorant asshole and a lying piece
of shit.

Yes, that feels good but it doesn't do anybody any good.  I've asked
you to apologize and all you've done is continue to accuse me of
lying.

> I don't go around calling people assholes, or starting flame wars, or
> flaming people.  But when I do, it is because they deserve it.  And you
> really deserved it.

Bullshit.  This was your idea and I was trying to help.  Fuck you.

> As for making you feel bad, tough.  Do you ever care about the feelings
> of any of the people you keep irritating and irritating till they bite
> your head off?  You're not the victim here Martin

Bullshit.

> so quit playing the
> victim card.  You are the one who lied and tried to pretend that lie was
> the truth and didn't have the decency to apologize for it.  If you don't
> want people to call you an asshole then don't act like one.  It's that
> simple.

On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> the last issue I'd make a Fearless Leader issue.  And it would
> deal with the LNH stopping Fearless Leader (Acton Lord) from
> whatever evil plan he has.

> If you want an apology from me, here's what you should do.  Apologize
> for lying about me,

Go to Hell.

> apologize to all the people you've alienated over
> the years (like Tom), allow Tom to write your characters again, stop
> pretending you're the victim.  Stop being an asshole.  And stop pissing
> people off.  Try to act decently for a change.

Stop going on about things you know nothing about.  Tom admitted
things to me by e-mail that he didn't post on usenet.  I'm not going
to go into that now.  It's up to him to come clean.

> If you do all of that then I'll apologize for calling you an asshole.
> Until that time, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
> It's not going to happen.
>
> I assume I'm no longer allowed to use your characters.  That's okay.
> Wasn't planning to anyway.
>
> Feel free to killfile me if you want.  I know the truth hurts.

I don't killfile anyone.

> If you want to post that Ripping Dancer story as an Elsewhirl, feel free
> to do so.

No.  I use characters to honor the people who created them.  Period.

> Okay, that's probably all I have to say on the subject.
>
> Feel free to have the last word.
>
> Arthur "Cooled Down..." Spitzer

Obviously not.

Martin