LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:59:23 PDT 2011

First off, RACC got 227 posts in October!  That's more than any month
since June 2006 - and if you ignore April, May and June of that year,
it's the most we've gotten in a month since March of 1998!

Obviously, there's a lot of popular support for this reboot thing.
And naturally, there are different ideas as to how to go about it.
What's interesting is that the ideas seem to be separating themselves
into two distinct approaches.  And there are a *heck* of a lot of
ideas floating around - enough, I think, for two settings!

The ideas seem to go along these lines (and note, these are just
placeholder names, please come up with something better):

Earth-20:
* Focused more on traditional LNH members
* More realistic
* LNH is new
* Involves four different teams with the initials "LNH" coming
together to form the Legion
* Possible metaplot with Fearless Leader as evil manipulator
* Alternatively, Waffle Queen as villain
* Issues written in first person?
* See the issues Martin posted on the Authors' Group for more

Earth-Minus-20:
* Focused more on new characters, as well as revamps of obscure and
underused ones
* Sillier
* LNH has been around for a bit (Five years?)

Many of the first group of ideas have come from Martin, so he should
be the one to take the lead on that one.  For the second group, I'll
light the fuse and we'll see where it goes!

Some shared questions: Do we want a single event that launches both,
or do we want them to be completely separate?  Do we want to split it
to 10 issues each?  Do we want to forget the 20 issues thing?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Looniverse Alpha!