META: Real life RACC/LNH Con in 2012?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon May 9 17:45:16 PDT 2011

> I'd been thinking of this myself, and am glad Arthur brought it up.
>
> 1)   Would you be willing to fly to such an event?

I suppose.  On the one hand, if I'm going to take the trouble to get on a plane,
I might as well fly to New Zealand.  On the other, I doubt I can get that much
time off work.

> 2)  Would you be willing to drive to such an event?

Yes.  My driving range is U.S. west coast, Portland-OR to Vancouver-BC.

> 3)  Would you go to an event that was held in the city you lived?

Yep.  That would be Seattle.

> 4)  Are you a billionaire or multi-millionaire that would be willing
> pay to transport every RACC'r to your swinging mansion for the con?

Not exactly...

> 5) When should this RACC Con take place?

September 2013 would actually be perfect for me, but I can see a need for it
sooner than that.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.