[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #16: The Tragedy Of Sharkasaurus Rex, Part 6

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 21:53:53 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:57:10 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

Hm, a lack of word wrap on this one.  Strange.  Not that my client can't
handle it...

> And at the midpoint of this bridge, situated at the exact centre of the
> gigantic gong, a nine-foot-tall lizard was having a surprisingly calm
> debate with a hovering super wizard.

I do love the phrase "surprisingly calm" there.  A small detail, but a good
one.

> "What if I do not find the tone?"
>
> Without turning back, the super wizard replied, "Then your cosmic
> tournament has served its purpose, I suppose."

Yes, yes, *excellent* moment.

> "Smile, you son of a bitch," spat out Brody Dharma as he flung the sphere.

How did I not see that coming from a hundred miles away?

> Another arc that went longer than originally estimated and the last issue
> ended up longer than my normal 1500 limit. But wrapped up now. I'm being a
> little lazy here, as I should give this another read through just for
> clarity and sound, but meh, this entire arc would benefit from a second or
> third draft as a whole. Maybe if I collect it up for etherbacks or epub
> release.

Probably, but it's still excellent.  I've been getting more and more
enamored of TEBs; they're just a great way to read an arc.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, especially when well-put-together.