STARFALL/HCC: Going Solo #3: Fight or Flight

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat May 22 20:35:38 PDT 2010

On May 22, 10:16 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:52:25 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:
>
> > So, my question to you, the denizens of RACC, is this: what would YOU
> > have had Stardancer do at various points?  Also, what could the bad
> > guys have done more to hinder her?

I wouldn't have added anything to the action scenes.  But then I am
probably known for stories which are heavy on plot concepts, light on
action, and very conducive to the next story.  That's what your story
delivered.

> Hmmmm.  See, the thing that bothered me most was the setting -
> specifically, the various nations.  Besides being the Space version of a
> culture, they didn't seem to go above the level of a stereotype of that
> culture. (Eesh, that sounds harsh. ^^;)

Yeah.  For purpose of a one-shot contest story I was willing to
suspend disbelief of Nazis vs. "red sun" Japs vs. "red-skinned"
Americans on Mars.  But for the sequel, more background would be good.