[LNH] Looniverse Chronicles #1 (High Concept Challenge #7)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:10:50 PDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:48:47 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On Mar 27, 10:47 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Cover shows a pair of chariots thundering towards the viewer.  A female
>> figure in dotted-line invisibility stands to their right, thinking,
>> .oO(Whoever wins - DIES!)
>
> Oooh, I like it!  It definitely wins the action prize for this High
> Concept.

Awesome!  I tried to make it nice and fast-paced.

> Aside from making sure nobody died from olive poisoning, was she using
> her godly powers just to get her riders to win?  If so, that's
> perfectly in character for an Olympian, but I'm surprised there
> weren't other godlings around to mess with the race.

Well, the thing is, the chariot races weren't the most important or
prestigious - that honor went to the stadion, or foot race.  So if godings
(or Godlings) were going to interfere for purposes of pure prestige, it'd
probably be there.

>> About the series: Looniverse Chronicles is meant to be an anthology
>> series that anyone can write, spanning times and places outside of the
>> present-day LNH and their Earth. (I've already got ideas for ones that
>> take place in the 1980s and in Celtic Britain.) Obviously, it doesn't
>> need to be written in an overenthusiastic pastiche.
>
> ... but it helps.  I particularly liked the story better without Mount
> Net.lympus.

Heh heh.  Thanks, tho it'd probably be Mount Alt.lympus or I/O.lympus.

>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, just under the wire, by the severed
>> genitals of Ouranos!
>
> Wow, this contest is kind of like a chariot race itself.  8{D>

Andrew ".NO SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, but what is the mysterious fate that
will befall the winner of... High Concept 7!?