SW10, CONTEST: January 2010 #4: The Ministry of Speed

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:27:42 PDT 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:32:46 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2:45 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:05:54 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>>> (I'm told that names like "Speed", "Quick", "Zoom", and
>>> "Hurrier" are unusual in English, though "Hurrier" - that is, "Eiler"
>>> - is a common surname in German.)
>>
>> Heh heh heh.
>
> You may well suspect, the Hurrier is my "Mary Sue" character.  But so
> is Wyatt Ferguson, the editor from this story.  And so is Stephen
> Wolcott, the world's most powerful supergenius from my other recent
> story.   My various fictional selves don't get along very well.

Crisis of Infinite Avatars! (Which gets into an Avatar/Avatar: The Last
Airbender crossover, so let's not go there.)

>>> I was
>>> able to take a moment to confirm, Charles Brown was at least
>>> affiliated with one known superhuman-mage Linus van Pelt. So her story
>>> was at least plausible.
>>
>> ...what, seriously? >->
>
> Yep.  I know putting them in *this* story probably violates a RACC
> rule against fan fiction.  But Linus and Lucy have both grown up and
> appeared in my fiction, so Charlie's earned the right.

I'd say it's okay for this one, but if they show up "on-panel", you'd
probably want to change the names slightly.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, of course, we've had Smurfs and Ewoks
show up, so...