LNH: 58.5 #47: Iz In Ur Sequelz Swechin Ur Baytz

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:13:57 PDT 2009

quoth Andrew Perron as of Wed, 11 Mar 2009 20:38:07 +0000:
>>And guest-starring The New New New New New Young Teens:
>> Bugsy: gifted boy who adopted the identity of the original
>>        Cockroachman's original sidekick!
>> Witch Princess II: a girl from Wundascyra raised by a Columbian
>>        family, recently discovered her legacy and her powers of
>>        angst-powered magic!  Soon in her own emo mini-series! (No, not
>>        really.)
>> Quick Kid II: somehow related to the original Fast and the
>>        original Quick Kid (the current Fast), but there's time travel,
>>        incest, and gay marriage involved, you don't really want to
>>        know; suffice to say, he's annoying!
>> L.E.D.: the Young Teen's multicultural cyborg and veteran of
>>        the team, he hasn't really changed much since the last time
>>        you've seen him!
>> Green Jim: Years have passed but he's still the same age, go
>>        figure!  Might have something to do with his powers! Or maybe
>>        he's a skrull... wouldn't that be smart, a skrull infiltrator
>>        posing as a green shapeshifter?  Too bad this is the wrong
>>        universe!
>> Angel Dart: Ton 80's and Liberty Eagle's adopted daughter, she
>>        has an incurable terminal disease, but is determined to live to
>>        the fullest the time she has left!
>> Godly Girl: Godly Guy's cousin.  Yeah we did say he was the
>>        last survivor of his pantheon, yet now he's away dealing with
>>        his people, while his cousin is holding the fort for him... you
>>        know what, it's complicated!
>
> I'm so confuuuuuuuused.

These two issues were a lot of fun, it's with some sadness that I leave
Earth 308 behind.  The great thing about writing this is that it's a
brand new world where, at the same time, most of my intended audience
already more or less know the background.  I can describe the death of
Witch Princess and why Godly Guy is off the planet in wide strokes, and
many of you will know what I mean almost as well as if you read the
stories.  It was... fun to play with.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----