LNH: 58.5 #47: Iz In Ur Sequelz Swechin Ur Baytz

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:35:10 PDT 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:13:57 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins
<lalo.martins at gmail.com> wrote:

>These two issues were a lot of fun, it's with some sadness that I leave
>Earth 308 behind.  The great thing about writing this is that it's a
>brand new world where, at the same time, most of my intended audience
>already more or less know the background.  I can describe the death of
>Witch Princess and why Godly Guy is off the planet in wide strokes, and
>many of you will know what I mean almost as well as if you read the
>stories.  It was... fun to play with.

Except, um, I haven't been reading comics lately (for the past six
months, pretty much) and I'm deeply confused.  I understood the
original Earth-308 trip (nice, subtle reference in the name, BTW), but
this one's filled with references to Final Crisis and Secret Invasion
and other kinds of stuff that I don't get.  I think it might've been a
bit too much even for an audience that's familiar with the Marvel and
DC Universes in general.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmf.