[Starfall/ACRA] Metal Fire #10, False Maria 04

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 14:21:42 PDT 2006

I expected this issue to fall off the rails, in terms of the entire
arc. A difference of fur of five years between issues 07-09 and issue
10... and even the issues 07-09 were written after stumbling through
Marlo Vivo 01-04 (which are rougher). I'm trying to "get back into it"
and will have to relearn everything that was coming easily years ago.

After re-reading the issue, I would probably have split it up into
two. Not sure *where* I'd split it up, but that would relieve the
sudden rush of events and handy wrap-up... most likely issue "10A"
would have been building the coming physical threat (the gunman) and
given more time for Ed and Kim "get along", to semi-trust each other.
"10B" would have been the hacking and shooting issue, wrapping up the
cliffhanger and the arc.

New rule of thumb for self: don't be a slave to the original plotted
outline, don't be afraid to lengthen the arc out. Despite my attempts
to condense my stories, I should let them drag out if I think they
need to... at least until "back in the groove". :)

Wil A.