[NNTP] NNTP Extensions drafts

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon May 23 09:51:19 PDT 2005

Scott Hollenbeck <sah at 428cobrajet.net> writes:

> I'll let you and the working group decide which references are
> appropriate.  I just want the question resolved before I start the last
> calls.

> Changing normative references would not be a good idea in auth48.  If
> you reference I-Ds, the RFC Editor will take care of the needed updates.
> They'll also hold the documents until all normative references are
> queued for RFC publication.

Unless we're specifically using capabilities that were added in the
revisions, I'd rather not add the additional complexity to the publication
process of depending on I-Ds.  Ken, were there reasons why we were citing
the works in progress rather than the published RFCs in particular, or was
it just an effort to stay current?