[NNTP] NNTP Extensions drafts

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon May 23 10:34:35 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

  > Unless we're specifically using capabilities that were added in the
> revisions, I'd rather not add the additional complexity to the publication
> process of depending on I-Ds.  Ken, were there reasons why we were citing
> the works in progress rather than the published RFCs in particular, or was
> it just an effort to stay current?

Mainly just to stay current, with the exception of RFC2222bis, which is
now going to require the use of the SASLprep profile of StringPrep for
authorization ID.  I don't believe that there any updates to the SASL
mech docs or TLS docs which have any bearing on our work, so I can
fallback to the current RFCs and let the editor update them if possible.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127