ietf-nntp Re: reorganising the document

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 11 03:44:49 PST 2001

Lee Kindness <lkindness at csl.co.uk> writes:
> Clive D.W. Feather writes:

>> I see. Do you have any feeling why this was the case ? From my point of
>> view, it seems to be much easier to locate stuff, the ordering seems
>> more logical, and it only took about 10 minutes to do.  I'm surprised
>> people think that LIST OVERVIEW.FMT is closer related to ARTICLE than
>> NEWNEWS is to either, but I can't travel 6000 miles just to put that
>> argument.

> I'm inclined to agree with Clive on this point. The reorganisation makes
> the document a lot easier to read and is more 'natural' in its ordering.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion, but the last time I looked at
Clive's reorganization, I thought it did make somewhat more logical sense.

> I think the majority of those who contribute to the list would agree
> with me. Why should a meeting of a small number of people in San Diego
> take precedence?

IETF meetings for this working group are unfortunately problematic because
I think most of the major contributors aren't regularly attending IETF.  I
keep meaning to and keep failing to find the time.