ietf-nntp Re: reorganising the document

Lee Kindness lkindness at csl.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 03:07:51 PST 2001

Clive D.W. Feather writes:
 > Stan O. Barber said:
 > >> What does this mean ? And whatever it is, does "no sense" mean "people
 > >> objected" (and, if so, why ?) or just "no-one is bothered either way" ?
 > > When asked, people didn't think that doing significant document
 > > reorganization (such as the one you suggested) was warranted.
 > I see. Do you have any feeling why this was the case ? From my point of
 > view, it seems to be much easier to locate stuff, the ordering seems more
 > logical, and it only took about 10 minutes to do.
 > I'm surprised people think that LIST OVERVIEW.FMT is closer related to
 > ARTICLE than NEWNEWS is to either, but I can't travel 6000 miles just to
 > put that argument.

I'm inclined to agree with Clive on this point. The reorganisation
makes the document a lot easier to read and is more 'natural' in its
ordering.

I think the majority of those who contribute to the list would agree
with me. Why should a meeting of a small number of people in San Diego
take precedence?

Lee.