ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 19 13:20:42 PDT 2000

Charles Lindsey <chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> May I ask that someone with access to the INN source documents for us
> exactly what it does?

I'm planning on doing that.  I needed to rewrite the wildmat(3) man page
anyway, if I'm going to change the implementation to include ','.

> Here are some test cases, whose effect needs to be understood:

> NEWNEWS news.announce.*,!news.announce.conferences

All newsgroups in news.announce.* with the exception of .conferences.

> NEWNEWS !news.announce.conferences,news.announce.*

All newsgroups in news.announce.*.  The first pattern is entirely
overridden by the second pattern and could be omitted from the wildmat
without changing its meaning.

> NEWNEWS !*.binaries.*

All newsgroups carried by the server except those whose name includes
".binaries.".