Harrowed - made in zero hours whilst drunk

Darren Grey darrenjohngrey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 19:16:15 PDT 2011

With Daylight savings time there was a challenge announced online to
make a game in zero hours - start at 1am, finish at 1am. I took
part... after coming back from a drunken house party! The game is a
simple dungeon crawler – you get your health regenerated upon level
change, and must kill/avoid the enemies chasing you. Download the game
here:

http://www.gruesomegames.com/harrowed-win-1.0.zip

Linux/Mac users can get the T-Engine beta34 and drop the module folder
into T-Engine/game/modules/

http://www.te4.org/download
http://www.gruesomegames.com/harrowed-mod-1.0.zip

I can't promise it is in any way balanced or working properly...
Seems okay enough though. You can find more info about the zero hour
game jam here:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2011/10/25/0h-game-jam-make-a-game-in-zero-hours/

The point was to see if I could make a brand new game in the T-Engine
in such a short time, and for fun of course.  But it also gave me a
chance to test out the game concept of one vs many with simple RL
mechanics, and to try out a very minimalist interface (movement and
descend keys only, feedback is purely from flyout text).  Overall this
came out really well.

--
Darren Grey