Gumband 2.3.2 "The Update of Mars" released

rdanhenry danhenry at inreach.com
Tue Jan 26 12:50:28 PST 2010

Source and compiled DOS executable are now available for Gumband 2.3.2
at http://angband.oook.cz/gumband/

Based on Kane of Old Mars (about which you can read more on my blog,
"Things I Have Read", http://sokrates-undead.livejournal.com/ ), this
release includes:

* Several bug-fixes.

* One new artifact.

* Flavor text tweaks.

* A dozen monster replacements.

* A few bits of this and that, including improved character dump
(shows turns and all artifacts list their characteristics).

* Very slight tweakage and renaming of "Gambolt" player race to
authentic Moorcockian "Catfolk". Feel free to still think of them as
"Gambolt" if you want, they haven't changed much.

All in all, nothing dramatic, but if you do play Gumband (and I hope
there are still a few out there), here's some signs of life. It'll be
another fairly long wait until the next release, since that'll come
after reading the five volumes of the Dancers at the End of Time
series. I do hope to get a few UI enhancements done in the meantime.
Also, bug reports and enhancement suggestions are always welcome.