Puzzlerogue (7DRL)

Antoine antoine.from.rgrd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:42:47 PST 2010

Hi all

I have completed a game called Puzzlerogue as a 7-day Roguelike
(7DRL). (Well, 7DRL ish - It was about seven sessions of coding,
though they weren't on consecutive days...)

The game compiles, runs, can be won, and (I think) is entertaining.
Each level is a puzzle, where the objective is to get from the start
to the end in a set number of moves. You may find some objects which
will help, but there are also dangerous traps and monsters which can
slow you down or kill you. If you run out of moves or health, you have
to begin the level again. So far, there are three levels plus a
tutorial.

You can download Windows binaries at http://puzzlerogue.googlecode.com/files/puzzlerogue_WinBinary.zip.
Sorry the binary download is so big at 10 MB, that's py2exe for ya.

If you're interested, you can also check out the Python source code at
http://puzzlerogue.googlecode.com/files/puzzlerogue_Source.zip.

Any feedback much appreciated!

Enjoy,
A.