LNH: Looniverse Fight Chronicles Trading Card Game #0: Designer's Notes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Sep 17 17:10:58 PDT 2023

On 2023-09-17 14:01, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>                                LNH STORYCARDS
>                                 Version 0.2
>                    By Jeff Barnes (barnejd at wkuvx1.wku.edu)

> RULES:
>
>      The LNH Storycards game is a fast-paced game of plot twists, location
> changes, surprise attacks, and revelations galore!  You take on the role
> of a newbie, trying to gain acceptance into the Legion of Net.Heroes --
> while trying to keep your opponent from doing the same.
>

> Playing the Game
>
>      Before the game, you must choose an Origin card to put in play.  The
> Origin card will limit your options in Powers and Equipment somewhat,
> but will allow you access to others that those with other Origins can't
> use.  For example, Bricks only can use Pow! Smash! Bop!, while only
> Mentalists may make Mind Wipes.

<snip>

... This game seems well thought out, and great fun.  Was it ever
playtested?

My own game has rules written down, but they only describe some of the
cards.  The card details go on the cards themselves.  If I wanted to go
professional with it, I'd have to make some room for art, because you
probably want to know what the "Red Vigil" character looks like.  Even
professionally manufactured playing cards might have a problem fitting
that in with all the card details.  Still, I've sent away for some
full-sized blank cards.  (I've been using old business cards all this
time.  Remember the 1990s, when engineers used to get business cards?)

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.