LNH: Looniverse Fight Chronicles Trading Card Game #22: Imperilus the Exterminating Son

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Oct 12 20:59:12 PDT 2023

On 2023-10-12 17:01, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 10/12/23 18:07, Drew Nilium wrote:
>>> But what does it mean?
>>
>> So, the stats in this go 0-7, then !, then !!!, then Ω. I'm not sure
>> exactly what the higher ones mean, but they're cool!
>>
>> Drew "OMEGA" Nilium
>
> But- why not just use 8, 9, and 10?

There's lots of precedent from comic books.  (Too Long, Don't Read?
Skip to the last paragraph.)

- The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe decided that the
strongest heroes (Thor, Hercules, and the Hulk) could lift about 100
tons.  The term "Class 100" was still in use for every power category in
comic books, last I looked.

- But the Hulk could always become stronger when he became angrier.  For
a while, he was permanently angry.  So he became known as Omega Class.
Anyone whose power had no known upper limit, got assigned that class.
Some of them fought the Hulk, and got reevaluated to Class 50 or
something.  Others still keep that class.  (It's popular among mutants.)

Still, I think the best answer is from the Spinal Tap movie - the one
who says "Why don't we just turn the volume up to 11?".  Having a
non-numeric value above 10 would avoid that problem.  8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.