LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #279: Electrocutioner's Song Part Two

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:26:33 PDT 2023

On 3/19/23 5:16 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> First Off we have CRISIS OF INFINITE CLONES #1 by Dave Van Domelen!
> Wait!  Is this Part Four?!  What happened to Part Three?!  And will
> wReam bomb Dave's dorm room because of it?!

I mean, circumstances indicate no. o3o

> Will Sig.Lad stiff his taxi driver out of a tip?!

*gasp* Never, Sig.Lad's a hero - unless this is the first step of his
transformation into Acton Lord! :o

> Will the Ultimate Ninja
> have no choice, but to kill all his teammates if they keep accusing
> him of being the traitor?!

Let's be honest, he was gonna do that anyway! It's a real time-saver...

> And is it time for Table and Chair to make
> all their LNH and LNV action figures go kissy kissy with each other?!!

D'awwww

> +-------------------------+    +----------------------------------------+
> |||/////||||\\\\\\\||||||||    |  Memor-X, X-treme close-up of eye:     |
> |/////    oooo \\\\\\||||||    |                                        |
> |////      oooo \\\\\\|||||    |  Oh ye of much detail and little       |
> ||||         ooo ||||||||||    |  detail!  Hundreds of lines of art     |
> |\\\\           //////|||||    |  and not a one for writing!  You have  |
> |\\\\\         //////||||||    |  no identity yet possess all identities|
> |||\\\\\||||////////|||||||    |  but no character yet can assume any   |
> |||||\\\\\\////////||||||||    |  character!  Oh ye of little face!     |
> |-------------------^^^^^^|    |  And tiny heads!  You rake in dough,   |
> |  \ -------------        |    |  for you are as pliable as it is.      |
> |     \  \  \   \   \   \ |    +----------------------------------------+
> |      \  \  \   \   \   \|
> |                 \   \   |
> +-------------------------+

This one's pretty good!

>       A bane wind blows across the surface of a desolate world, a world that has
> seen empires fall and heroes die.  A world you thought you'd never have to read
> about again except maybe in flashbacks in Sarcastic Lad's origin story.
>       H'yyydde'uz.  (Note the revisionist post-Beige Noon spelling!)

X3 ooooh ahhhhh

>       In a shattered fortress, in a forgotten subbasement, in a poorly lit
> soundstage, there lay five dust-encrusted tubes.  A faint light was blinking on
> one of them.  That tube shook slightly.  Then more heavily.  Then cursing was
> heard from within.  It sounded much like, "Stupid latch!"  Suddenly a fist
> thrust up through the glass, a fist wearing a vaguely familiar looking
> glove....

GASP! :o

> No, he
> had fooled them all these years into thinking that any American-butchered
> Japanese artwork would render him helpless.  In truth, only badly translated
> Manga and Robert DeJesus art could affect him.

Let me see... oh, yes, early Antarctic Press could be painful. X> From a quick
skim he seems to have gotten a lot better.

>       "No...must...have...plot!  Order MUST be maintained!"  Taking advantage of
> the several panels of speedlines Manga Man was passing through, Plot King
> pulled out his Creative Writing Text, copyright 1913, before plots were deemed
> antideconstructionist and drew strength from it.  Then the two paradoxical
> paradigms collided in something resembling a dialectic.

I feel like there's a lot of very odd politics here. X>

> Anyway, everyone alive (and
> most of the dead ones) was either A: fighting Marvel_Zombie Lad (or however its
> spelled now), B: searching for Sidekick Man, C: Investigating the mysterious
> goings on at City Hall or D: wondering if they were still dead from Seize
> Dangerous. <Insert quick kaleidoscope of quarter-page panels showing scenes
> from the previous three issues, including the one not written yet>
>       "Are you done fulfilling your obligations to the other plotlines yet?"
> impatiently asked the mysterious figure.
>       Yes.  And stop talking to the narrator.

X3 I know that feeling

>       "Sorry."  The figure looked both ways then whispered, "say, can i
> introduce myself and open the other tubes yet?"
>       No, we have to change scenes again.
>       "Aw, sh..."

Oh nooooooo XD

>       Sig.Lad grumbled an fished fifteen bucks out of his pockets.  "Here."
>       "What, no tip?"
>       "NO.  Not after you took that detour through Seize Dangerous and got me
> killed and zombified and whatever else happened.  I don't wanna think about it.
> Now get outta here."

Well, okay, that's fair

>       The cabbie grumbled and decided it was a damn good thing he overcharged
> that cheapskate "hero" by ten bucks.

On the other hand, also fair

>       Sig.Lad caught some speed lines out of the corner of his eye, but when he
> turned to look they were gone.  Oh well, he thought.  He carefully avoided the
> blood left on the steps by Integrity Quest mob-members and rang the bell.

Wow, this is really well-tied-in to everything else that was going on. X>

>       "Probably just Manga Man.  I was just watching the security tapes showing
> him escaping.  I didn't know there were manga about lockpicking and VCR
> reprogramming....

Or get your degree!

>       "TOO LATE!"  shouted an armored figure who had just popped up from nowhere
> (okay, he had been crouched behind a mailbox).  He was dressed in armor that
> looked extremely dangerous...both to his foes and to himself when he tried to
> don it.  All sorts of blades and spikes stuck out from it at odd angles, and
> little squares of toilet paper adorned most of the exposed areas of skin.

Oh, here's the actual Executioner's Song parody. X>

> He
> bore a Super Soaker 2000, which by extrapolation from the other Supersoakers
> was a squirtgun on the Liefeld scale.

They made one of those! And then stopped making it because it was too powerful! X>

>       "Have you ever known what it was like to be denied a mother's love?  Any
> mother's?  Have you ever known what it was like to never suckle at a mother's
> breast, or even a girlfriend's?  Have you ever needed to wear a diaper at age
> 34 because you never had loving parents to toilet train you?

Blah blah blah, join the kink community like everyone else

>       "It's not what you *did*, it's what I will by fiat declare you will do to
> me in some alternate future which won't come to pass because of the events of
> this storyline something that will make me what I am today, which is a total
> loser!"

X3;;; Oh, 90s X-Men

>       Sig.Lad spluttered, "Hey!  They have laws against that sort of thing!  At
> least, I think they do...isn't this really supposed to be a parody of Boston?"
>       Sidewinder pondered, "No, I think it's supposed to be New York City...

It's New York City after dark, Boston during the daytime, Las Vegas at lunch and
Buenos Aires just after tea
>       "I don't...euuurgh!   Oop!  Ack!"  Sig.Lad collapsed in a goopy heap.
>       "MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  The TransMode Virus works!  Now his mutations will be
> so unstable that he will be vulnerable to the madness that eventually turns him
> into Acton LOOOOOOOF!"  Sidewinder had rammed into Sufferyng at full speed.

I love that this actually turns out to be a huge plot point down the road. X3

>       "OWSHARPYPAINOORTCH!" shouted the lacerated Sidewinder, who immediately
> digressed into alt.first.aid.

X3 X3 X3

>       Sufferyng had meanwhile disappeared into thin air (oh alright, he crouched
> back down behind the mailbox if you *must* know).

XD

>       The door opened and RosterwReam looked out.  "Oh SH*T!  I gotta save
> Sig.Lad!  If he keeps mutating like this I'll *NEVER* get his entry finished!"

Oh, I know that one too

> Just then (HA!  I bet you
> thought I was gonna say "suddenly"!)

I feel like this was one of my favorite jokes as a kid. X>

>       "Nice going.  You put him in Doc Stomper's Experimental Gene Scrambler and
> Random Teleporter," commented RwR.
>       "What the hell would Doc Stomper be doing with one of those?"
>       "I dunno, he's some kind of comicbook doctor.

If Sister State-the-Obvious had been around this never would've happened.

> +--------------------------+      +-------------------------+
> |                          |      |  ACTON LORD graces the  |
> |                  /|      |      |  Nonsense files...      |
> |      #####      / |      |      |                         |
> |     */^V^\*    / '|      |      |  Following the law      |
> |    (< O O >)  /_/_|cton  |      | that keeps you captive  |
> |     \\/^\//      Lord    |      | makes your goals almost |
> |      \#"#/               |      | a paradox.  You live    |
> |  ,---|###|----.          |      | for something you hope  |
> | /    +---+  / /\         |      | not to achieve and then |
> ||    /  \   A//  \        |      | what will you do when   |
> ||\__/\o   \ //    |       |      | you have achieved it?   |
> ||  || |     \_^^^_|       |      |   The mighty shall weep |
> |/\ || |o   < |OOOO| >     |      | in the shadow of thy    |
> |  \/\ \    < ()--/| >     |      | mischief, but you shall |
> |  /  | |o    |VVV/        |      | fracture the final word.|
> | /    \_\____\/\/         |      |                         |
> |__________________________|      |_________________________|

You know, this is actually pretty spot-on with this character's later arc.

>        Ultimate Ninja looked around the room.  The whiners and complainers
> the heroes of disorganization, the LNH had come for him.   "I don't want to
> have to kill you again!  Nooooo!  How can you say that I am a traitor!?"
>       "We know the truth!  You must be destroyed or we will do it for you!"
> the LNH chanted in unisom.

Hmmmmmm *takes notes*

>       Just then a laugh came from inside Ultimate Ninja's head.  "We did it
> old friend.  This time it is no trick!  We have destroyed the LNH for good!"
>       Ultimate Ninja ran to the mirror that had materialized as if on cue and
> looked in with horror.  Inside he could hardly see himself.  The image was
> super imposed with anothers.  The other figure became more clear.  The image of
> his arch nemesis and tormentor:  ACTON LORD! The image dove from the mirror and
> shards of glass and silver flew from the image, not to mention other neat
> visual effects!  Ultimate Ninja lurched backwards in horror and grabbed the
> image, arching his back flinging it in fear.

oooooooh, that's pretty good

>      NNNNNNNNNN            NNNNNNNNNNN                 OOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNN            NNNNNNNNN               OOOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNN           NNNNNNNNN              OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNNN          NNNNNNNNN            OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNNNNN        NNNNNNNNN           OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN       NNNNNNNNN         OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN      NNNNNNNNN        OOOOOOOOOOO     OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN     NNNNNNNNN       OOOOOOOOOOO       OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNN    NNNNNNNNN      OOOOOOOOOOO         OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN  NNNNNNNN   NNNNNNNNN      OOOOOOOOOOO         OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN   NNNNNNNN  NNNNNNNNN      OOOOOOOOOOO         OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN    NNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNN      OOOOOOOOOOO         OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN     NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN     OOOOOOOOOOO           OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN      NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN     OOOOOOOOOOO           OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN       NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN     OOOOOOOOOOO           OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN        NNNNNNNNNNNNNN     OOOOOOOOOOO           OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN         NNNNNNNNNNNNN      OOOOOOOOOOO         OOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN          NNNNNNNNNNNN        OOOOOOOOOO      OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN           NNNNNNNNNNN         OOOOOOOOOOO   OOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN            NNNNNNNNNN           OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>       NNNNNNNNN             NNNNNNNNN            OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>      NNNNNNNNNNN           NNNNNNNNNNN             OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>                <Neat Splash Page (with no background I might add)>

XD XD XD Amazing

>       "Sorry Typo Lad, I have been having no end to these nightmares lately."
> Ultimate Ninja said as sensitively as a ninja could (which doesn't sound too
> sincere, but he knew he was.)

X3

> Ultimate Ninja turned to Parking Karma Kid, CheeseCake-Eater Lad, and Cannon
> Fodder. "Now I have taken you three with me mainly because you three need
> all the training in the world and I am afraid that you aren't going to get it
> unless you come on some real missions."

Ohhhhh, this is where this starts. Neat! :>

> Just then in ohio a certain dorm room and building was incinerated by a
> thermo-Nuclear device.  The casualties were catastrophic.  The only
> hero/villain to die from it though was one who's initials were commonly known
> as DVD or more recently D"D"D...  wReam grimaced sinisterly as the glow of the
> flames and destruction was broadcast on the news.

X3;;;;

>       Table smiled and took Chair in his arms.  "I have the perfect plan, my
> dear.  Come with me."  She had no choice since he was carrying her in his huge
> wooden arms.

D'awwww

>       "Why, Table!  They look like yours and my favorite LNH characters!  And
> with these cards I will never forget how each character is special!  They are
> so neat!  Look honey!"  she picked up the action figure of Rebell Yell and
> Lurking Girl and smiled.  "Let's Go play doctor."  She said holding up Rebell
> Yell's figure and saying in a deeper voice, then she held up Lurking Girl's
> figurine and said.  "No!  I think I like Ultimate Ninja better."  Then grabbing
> the Ultimate Ninja figurine she said in a voice nothing like Ultimate Ninja's
> but she was guessin' ,since she's never heard it.  "No I have no time for love
> I am a NINJA!"

XD XD XD ADORABLE.

>  "My Villains Collection!"  All sorts of tiny
> figurines were within.  It had every imaginable villain in it.
>       "Oh!  Table!!  Look!  It's a little Acton Lord!"  Chair bubbled with
> enthusiasm as she grabbed the Ultimate Ninja figure from the hero table and the
> Acton Lord figure from the villains and started to press them together as if
> they were attacking each other.  Then she got bored and looked for something on
> the villain table, but she couldn't find it.  "Where is your figure?  Where is
> mine!?"
>       "Don't you get it!?  We will not become the overhyped scum that they
> will become!?  While we rake in the bucks for this mess we will also be
> preparing to battle them, while all their egos get bigger and bigger!"

I do kind of love this plan. X>

> "Honey, I recognize all these villains here.  Acton Lord, Y-Plex Burp,
> PlotChopper, Dr. KillFile, Crossover Queen, Defacto, and the Alt.ra fandom
> thingy do, but who is this guy?"  Chair held up the figure of a metal plated
> priest like character.  Table took the figure and held it up high.
>       "My dear.  Do you not recognize my old arch nemesis?"  Table turned
> dramatically and naturally spouted the villains name on the last panel as to
> add an additional dramatic effect...
>
>                        "MR. MINISTER!!"

GASP!!

>       "Rebel Yell!  My dear friend!  You have come to rescue me!" sang a
> chorus of Marvel Zombie Lads to Rebel Yell.

My god, they'll be the next hit boy band!

>       "We go after the one responsible!"  Rebel Yell declared confidently.
>
>       The entire group present all said the same word...
>
>                      "TABLE!"

GASP!!

> Leaving really
> wasn't all that hard.  It was really quite simple.  In fact it wouldn't even be
> noteworthy except for that fact that some moron in episode #4 was going to use
> him when he was being used elsewhere, so this was simply politics.

Jeez, harsh much? X>;;;

>       "You know we ought to turn SideKick Lad into a newt!  That would teach
> him!"  Occultism Kid fumed.

X3 Love this interpretation.

>       "Do not worry PassionPot, they will never guess who is doing this.  Why
> I have never had a bright idea in my life, its an act I have been doing since I
> was a young poplar.  This plan cannot fail!"

Wait, what

>       "I guess you're right.  Besides we have already shipped to all the
> malls and toystores in the net.universe.  I guess it's too late to back out
> now, huh?"

X3; Indeed

>       "Yeah.  All that's here is a cute little kitty."  Cannon Fodder said.
> picking up the a snarled old cat with one eye.
>       "Don't touch that Cat!"  Ultimate Ninja said in an uptight cautious
> voice.
>       "How could anyone suspect anything bad from a kitty like this."
> Cannon Fodder rubbed the cat on the head and instantly his body began flying
> apart.  The cat in a flash of lightning had dismembered Cannon Fodder in all
> the right places.  It then stood in the heap of Cannon Fodder and said "MEOW!"

heeheehee

Drew "there certainly is a lot going on here" Nilium