LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #266: Cliche Dude and Halls Jordan LS

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:57:39 PST 2023

On 12/4/22 4:15 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> Here's where you can find  Cliche Dude and Halls Jordan LS as well as other
> Cliche Dude and Halls Jordan stories (except for the first two issues of the
> regular series -- which are in the Electrocutioners Song TEB):

Curse you, crossovers!

> And we've got the Cliche Dude and Halls Jordan Limited Series by Jef "The
> KaTeFan(tm)" Kolodziej!  Will Halls Jordan ever get over Alt.sex.Lnh.pictures
> being destroyed?!

I'm looking thru Google Groups but it's not coming up...!

> Will Halls and Cliche bond over how much they hate
> Monitor Duty?!  And will their addiction to cough drops and cliches lead to both
> of their ruin?!!

Apparently not! Unless that's what their space mission was about...

> 	Reaching the site for the battle against the Continuity Queen,
> Halls Jordan, member of the Ring Around the Collar Corps arrives to
> find out that the fighting is over, and the battle won.

Who's this Continuity Queen? I've never heard of her-- unless...

> 	"Last time I was late, Alt.sex.Lnh.pictures had been destroyed."

It's not on the Internet Archive either!!

> 	Disappointed, Halls uses his Power Collar Ring(tm) to return him
> back to Earth.News.

*adds that to the wiki article*

> 	"I went to help with major crossover that was happening, but since
> I was too busy, er um, fighting a whole universe, I did not make it in time."

XD Amazing

> Cliche Dude puts it in his
> mouth, and then writes a note to the Legion. It says, "Dear Legion, During
> my short stay with you, I have had alot of fun, and made some new friends,
> but I Have to go. A better offer was made, and I know that you would not
> want to hold me back. You can consider me to be on the reserved list of
> Legionaries, so you can call me if you need me. I will be there. Love and
> Kisses, Cliche Dude."

...oh, I see, this is the cliche "Dear John" letter. X> Love it.

> 	"It feels good to be free, Halls.  I was really getting paranoid,
> sitting in front of that monitor all day.  You don't know how it feels to
> look at a blank screen all day."
> 	"I use to watch soap operas all day, before I became a member of the
> Ring Around the Collar Corps, so I know exactly what you are talking about."

heeheeheehee
> 	"I feel a bit famished. Let's see if I gots any cash."
> 	Making sure Cliche Dude wasn't watching what he was doing, Halls uses
> the power of the Ring Around the Collar(tm) to create some money.

X3

> Unknown to
> Halls, a pair of shifty eyes watch him do this from within a pastel-painted
> truck.

Gasp!! >:o

> 	"Here, Cliche, it's on me, and have another cough drop, too."
> 	"Wow. You must be loaded, being a famous super hero,

This is a good dynamic. X> This is pre-Kyle Rayner, but there's definitely some
of that energy in Cliche Dude.

> Since you are paying, where do you want
> to eat?"
> 	"Pizza Hut, of course."

Pizza Hut? Never heard of it. You must mean the Pizza Pit.

> The individual inside, last seen trying to run over the Un-Manned
> G-Men, is the Punished.  He wears a black kelvar outfit, with a smiley face
> in the middle of his chest.

Ahhhhh, broad comics parody. <3

> Focusing the power of
> the Ring Around the Collar(tm), a wave hits the van.  Unfortunately, for Halls,
> all it does is clean the front end of the car.

XD XD XD

>          Seeing his new friend about to be smashed by a badly colored van,
> Cliche Dude yells out, "Who the hell is that?"
> 	Suddenly, the Punished is hit by Cliche's cliche, and unintentionally
> sways away from Halls, into a telephone poll.

X3

> 	"I really don't think so. Halls is going to, ah, Clean your clock."

That's a very Silver Age "ah". X>

> 	"Let's wrap up this case then."
> 	"Hey, watch it with those cliches. You never know when they will be
> loaded."

heeheehee

> watch for the
> Halls Jordan and Cliche Dude Regular Series

Drew "why was it an LS followed by an ongoing instead of just continuing on with
the numbering? Because Comics" Nilium