LNH: Leadership Crisis: Net.ropolis 2023 #1: "Mysterious Rumblings! The Election Begins!?"

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:17:19 PDT 2023

On Sunday, April 2, 2023 at 5:01:34 PM UTC-7, Drew Nilium wrote:

> Yeah, like... I think part of the purpose of Nina in this role is to see what
> happens when you put someone full of complicated feelings into this role that's
> historically been filled by a very simple, straightforward character. It feels
> like a lot of useful story stuff falls out. n.n
>
> But also, there's the character of The Leader of the LNH, the supporting
> character who helps make the story go, and Old School UN excelled in that role.
> Currently, there's no one firmly in it, and I think this story is about that...

Yeah, I think that one advantage that the Old School UN had was as wReam used
to say -- There is no wrong way to write him -- which does give the writers a lot of ways
to use him from the very serious to the very goofy.

I could see writing Nina in a more serious dramatic type story, but have a hard
time seeing her in a more goofy and ridiculous type of one.

And maybe there's part of me that has a very Anti-Authority type streak and do kind
like to write any leader type people in sort of the most unflattering type of way when
I'm doing my stories.

And there's maybe me just liking to write more broken middle-aged characters than
the younger ones probably because I'm a broken middle-aged man.

Arthur "Old..." Spitzer