LNH: Leadership Crisis: Net.ropolis 2023 #1: "Mysterious Rumblings! The Election Begins!?"

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:38:15 PDT 2023

On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 8:42:22 PM UTC-7, Drew Nilium wrote:
> ::: __ __ _ __ :::
> :+: / / ,'_/ / |/ / :+:
> +:+ / /_ / /_ / || / +:+
> : /___/eadership |__/risis: /_/|_/et.ropolis :
> + _______ ________ _______ ________ +
> / ___ \|\ __ \ / ___ \|\_____ \
> + /__/|_/ /\ \ \|\ \/__/|_/ /\|____|\ /_ +
> # |__|// / /\ \ \\\ \__|// / / \|\ \ #
> +#+ / /_/__\ \ \\\ \ / /_/__ __\_\ \ +#+
> #+# |\________\ \_______\|\________\|\_______\ #+#
> ### \|_______|\|_______| \|_______|\|_______| ###
>
> Issue #1: "Mysterious Rumblings! The Election Begins!?"

If given a choice between Nina UN and Old School UN I'd vote for
the Old School one.

I suppose the reason I think Old School UN works is probably
because he's terrible and mentally ill in all the right ways.
He's just a more fun to write.  And can characters like Sarcastic
Lad talk smack about Nina UN without it feeling like they're
punching down?  I don't know.  From my perspective, Ninja UN just
seems like a very hard character to write.  Old School UN is just
way, way easier.

And don't think its the whole gender ambiguity thing that I'm
having a problem with.  I think Fuzzy would probably be a better
choice for leader probably she seems a bit tougher and at times
more terrible.  Nina UN feels a bit too nice, too mentally
stable, too insecure to totally work as the Ultimate Ninja.  And
I have to think that maybe people like Cheesecake Eater Lad
should probably be troubled if their ultimate goal is to make
Nina more like the Ultimate Ninja.  But I don't think nicer more
mentally stable Ultimate Ninja really works as a character.

That being said the people who are still writing LNH stories
should probably have a bigger say in who the LNH Leader is.  My
LNH writing output is near zero and if Old School UN became
leader again it would still be next to zero.  I mean I'm sure
there are great stories to be told about Nina UN.  They just
don't exist in my head.

Thinking a bit about who would be the best character to lead the
LNH long term, I think it's still Old School UN hands down.  I
suppose it might be fun to see other characters for short amount
of time like say a J. Random Kiwi, but for long term I think Old
School UN is still the best.

So, I guess my nominations for this new LNH Leadership Election
are:

Old School Ultimate Ninja
Fuzzy

And I would love to hear some arguments about why other
characters would be better than Old School Ultimate Ninja for the
Leadership position.  Maybe you can change my mind.  :)

Also Pragmatic-Reasons Lass is not a good choice for Leader (fun
to see her return though.  :))  I also don't think she'd want the
job.  She seems more like the type to be pulling the strings
behind the curtain.

Arthur "Doesn't want to leader..." Spitzer