ASH: Coherent Super Stories #41 - PSA

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jul 14 20:16:47 PDT 2022

On 2022-07-09 22:30, Dave Van Domelen wrote:

>       "Whew.  Um, why does it feel like I'm not out of trouble yet?  The
> costume's a problem too?"
>       "Perceptive," Maxwell nodded.  "You probably didn't read the End User
> License Agreement that came with that Classic Brightsword costume you bought.
> It explicitly forbids the use of the costume, even with modifications, in
> active superheroic...or supervillainous, not that villains follow the
> rules...activities.  You removed the sword emblem from the belt buckle and
> changed to a white full head mask, but it's still quite obviously a misused
> 'cosplay' costume.  The fact you tried to modify it somewhat does make it
> harder to plead a case of it being spur of the moment, but we can work with
> you on any penalties...since we're ultimately also the agency that protects
> the trademarks and other intellectual property of registered superhumans."

I admire that you followed up a Facebook discussion for this.  Also that
you have come to logical conclusions.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.