SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #29: I Guess We Didn't Survive

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jul 11 15:35:39 PDT 2022

Oh, Jeff...

It's over!  The longest Powernaut episode ever is over.  But I have
already been working on the sequel, because loose ends.  1993:  World
Without a Powernaut is coming!

http://eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992b.htm#29

Author's Notes:  I never did publish the whole set here.  So here it is.

Heh. I've had to consider my priorities for Powernaut Comics lately.
Shall I continue to slog through the 1990s, or jump straight to 1999?
But 1992 Part 2 starts with roughly the most innovative comic strip I
have ever done. I can't stop now.

That first strip might be intense to read. It certainly was to publish.
It's part of an experiment to reproduce 1990s comics. The intent of the
experiment should become obvious as the series goes on.

I used to bill myself as a crappy cartoonist. But I've been talked out
of that. So it behooves me to at least *try* to act like a *good*
cartoonist.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 30 October 2021.

  ... I can finally provide the Writer's Notes now. Readers may have
figured out by now, this episode is based upon the Death of Superman
comic book episode. I tried to address all the ways Superman could have
fought a similar rampage better. And I didn't just let the Lois Lane
counterpart stand aside helplessly.

The Artist would like to note, the panel-heavy early strips burned him
out for a while. At sixteen strips, this was the longest Powernaut
episode either. (There was no good way to break it up.) But the Artist
caught up when the later strips had one or two drawings. Much of
Powernaut 2003 will be like that also... thank the One Maker.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 11 July 2022.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal.  From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.