LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #235: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part One

Drew Nilium pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:16:12 PDT 2022

On 3/6/22 8:07 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
<snip>
> Ah yes. Here it is, one of the most artistically and personally significant
> storylines I was ever involved in... but I didn't jump in until issue 4, so
> won't have as much to say this time.
>
> I will say this was the first cascade that would set out the pattern followed by
> both WikiLull and HHS--Arthur would post something offhand, Drew and I would
> turn it into a whole Thing, and Scott would create chaos.

Fun times. |>

> It's kind of the first in a trilogy of cascade stories, while also being the
> third in a different trilogy of stories I was involved in exploring the LNH's
> history and legacy, and how it would change going into the future, bound
> together by the involvement of Vectors and particularly Time Crapper IV. The
> first two were Ultimate Mercenary #7 (the jumping-around-crossovers issue, still
> one of my favorite things I've ever done) and LNH v2 #50.

Yes, I love it. :D

> I was intrigued by Drew's dueling teams of legacy characters from #3, but sadly
> that was a plot element we never quite figured out what to do with. I will say
> that at some point we decided Cameo Gonzaga was descended from Galatea.

I used to be way more into "just drop some intriguing characters in and let
others figure out what to do with them", but that only works when we have a big
pool of people looking for toys to play with, and I've gotten better at
developing characters myself. X>

Drew "the only one I feel weird about is Jive Turkey" Nilium